cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Document & Custom Doc Legal Control Extraction into SAP BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After all the business content for GTS was activated in GTS and SAP BI, the following configuration steps were taken in GTS to extract this data into BI for
reporting:

[1] Integration with Other mySAP.com Components > Data Transfer to the SAP Business Information Warehouse > General Settings > Maintain Control Parameters for Data Transfer [Used ECC as guide]

[2] Global Trade Services > General Settings > Organizational Structure > Control Settings at FTO Level for SAP NW Business Intelligence (BI) 

• Inserted new records missing when comparing to Assgmt of Feeder System Grouping Org.Units to LLS Org.Units table [/SAPSLL/TCOOGS]
  • Turned on BI Active flag for all records  

[3] Global Trade Services > General Settings > Document Structure > Define Document Types for Application Areas

• For each document type in all the folders, turned on ‘transfer to SAP Netweaver Business Intelligence Active’ flag where it was available to be turned on.

[4] Global Trade Services > General Settings > Document Structure > Define Item Categories for Application Areas

• For  each item category in all the folders, turned on ‘transfer to SAP  Netweaver Business Intelligence Active’ flag where it was available to be turned on.

Focusing on custom document and custom document legal control extractors, the data comes from /SAPSLL/CUIT which contains 113K records in development, however, the amount of data extracted into BI is minimal.  So I have a few questions:

• Did I miss any additional configuration swithces to extract into BI?
  • SAP Documentation: You have entered a unit of weight in the table for GTS: Control Settings at Foreign Trade Organization Level. This unit of weight must be the common unit of weight that you want to be used in strategic reporting in BI . The values in the fields for gross weight (WEIGR), net weight (WEINE) and unit of weight (WEIDI)
    depend on the unit of weight you maintain at FTO level in the IMG for converting weights for SAP BI
    • Does each FTO need to be insert with different unit of measure?  ie FTO123 UoM = EA; FTO123 UoM = CS; FTO123 UoM = KG
  • Should all the data records from /SAPSLL/CUIT be extracted into Custom Document DSO [0SLL_DS01]? If no, why? If yes, refer to pt 1 and what am I missing?
  • SAP Documentation: Only data that belongs to the legal controls for the following legal regulations is transferred to BI:
    • German Foreign Trade Laws
    • Prohibitions and Restrictions
    • Other
      • What is the significance of these legal controls that SAP has decided to only transfer this type into BI? If the client want additional legal controls, would it be possible to extract them into BI?

If anyone is currently using the std content for BI reporting, any assistance with my questions would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Claire

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member131774
    Contributor
    0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Your customizing looks correct. But the amount of data extracted depends on your condition you have defined during extraction(e.g. Creation Date)

Also in the coding only /SAPSLL/CUIT~ITSTA = space (Standard Item) and A (Item is allocated) is considered in 0SLL_CD_1.

You could find out reason by debugging to find out exact reason.

T-code: RSA2 , Enter Data source : 0SLL_CD_1. Then click display.

Click Extract check ( Shift + F8 ) and put break point in coding FM : /SAPSLL/BW_GET_CD_1

Best regards,

Vincent

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Vincent,

Thank you for proper direction and all helpful advise todate.

Sincerely,

Claire

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Vincent,

I need to update 0SLL_CD_1 with additional field not provided with the std extractor.  I plan to append the structure with the required fields however, which user exit[s] in smod do I need to use?

Thank you.

Claire

Answers (0)