cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine not starting, License Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Gurus, here's a bit of an issue I have on our Solman 7.1 system.

While starting, the J2EE engine doesn't launch and the server0 Java process fails with error code -11113.

Disp+work shows as yellow with "Some processes running"

I can't login to the ABAP instance either while this is happening.

Looking into the trace files, I find the error:

Mar 12, 2015 4:19:10 PM         com.sap.security.core.persistence [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_66] Fatal: Initialization of ABAP data source (com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence) failed: "Logon not possible (error in license check)". This message is critical if it appears during the startup of the AS Java.

So that's what is causing the system not to start.

Here's my dilemma: I can't install new style licenses from SAP using the SAPLICENSE.exe OS-level tool (it will only accept the old-style 24 character licenses), and I cannot login to ABAP to use the SLICENSE tool.

What can I do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's my dilemma: I can't install new style licenses from SAP using the SAPLICENSE.exe OS-level tool (it will only accept the old-style 24 character licenses), and I cannot login to ABAP to use the SLICENSE tool.

Could use below e.g command to install the license for the system

saplikey pf=< > -install < filename >

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I can't login to the ABAP stack either

No need to login to ABAP stack either to install the license to the system,you could install it from OS as well by following SAP Note  870871 - License key installation

Kindly apply the license to system by following above & try to start the instances again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This led me to the solution. Turns out someone else mistakenly installed the wrong license key and was causing problems.

I was able to delete the existing license keys with saplikey -delete and install the new ones with saplikey -install.

Thanks!!

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>>What can I do?<<

You need to activate the emergency user in the ABAP stack and login with the SAP* user.

Request for a valid license and call Tx SLICENSE to install the license.

Is that what you are looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't login to the ABAP stack either while this problem persists, even though all the ABAP processes are green, I cannot login.