cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append to XML remains greyed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am using MII 15.0 SP2 Patch 8. I created a new transaction having a xML transcation variable called "test" defined as you cans ee in below screenshot. It is a plain XML having a root node called options.

Thereafter I created a new transaction adn placed an assignment block there. I treid to use append XML link type to extend my transaction variable. Unfortunately, when trying to append some new xml to test{/OPTIONS}, append XML functions remain greyed out...see screenshot below

Any idea why that happens? Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Unless you select what needs to be appended to your XML from the left hand side box, the options for XML functions which includes append XML as well, will not be enabled.

Try selecting whatever you want to append from left hand side box and the target XML node from right hand side box, it should work fine for you.

Best Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuji, thanks for your answer, u r right. But what if I do not want to choose some value from menue? My plan was to define a new XML segment as string in Expression Editor and append it to my XML. Does that mean this is not possible?

I somehow need to build a multiline XML looking like this:

<option>

<item><text>content...</text></item>

<option>

Content should define a multiline "where clause". Eventually, I want to map resulting XML to options input section of RFC_READ_TABLE to query data from ERP using JCO connector.

What's a suitable approach to get there?

Greetings, Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

There are 2 ways to do what you want.

1. You can define another XML variable in your transaction with all your logics for input to RFC_READ_TABLE and then you can append it to your original XML.

2. You can define list/map type variable with your logics and then you should be able to append the contents of  your list/map variable to your XML.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Anuj

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select something from left, link type to append xml,then update the expression with custom string.

It would work.

-Swaroop

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much! Both replies were really helpful.

That map approach is a very good idea! It helps a lot!