Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Fiori apps on one Gateway server

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Lets assume that one gateway server is configured to use three different clients (100, 200 and 300) to connect with a developer, quality and production ECC system. This solution will work fine with standard apps, but the question is what about extended apps?

For example, a extended Fiori app (for instance ZPO_APP) has been deployed on the gateway system, which is used by dev ,quality and prod system as well. Then some modifications have been made (lets say a few views have been modified) and a new version of the app has been uploaded. However, it's used in the same time not only by the developer system, but also by the quality and the production system. This situation may lead to the disaster, for the uploaded app is cross-client.

I have been thinking about adding suffixes to the name of app before uploading it on the frontend serwer (i.e. ZPO_APP_DEV, Z_PO_APP_QA, Z_PO_APP_PROD), but I guess it is a wrong approach and hard in maintenance.

Is there any other way to solve this problem besides installing three separate gateway systems?

Best regards,

Tomasz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

None of customer takes DEV,QA and PROD in just 1 server.

Customers set up 2 landscape or 3 landscape.

2 landscape = (DEV+QA) + PROD

3 landscape = DEV + QA + PROD

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Answers (0)