cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make "REASON" field as Mandatory field in TODO request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requested for new user creation/modification in IDM. When TODO request is generated, There is a field "REASON" in the request. I am trying to make this field mandatory. There is no Attribute for this field. How can I make this field mandatory. I have attached the screen shot.

Thank you for your help.

Samrat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182832
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

You need to make the Enty type attribute MX_REASON mandatory (or your custom Attribute)

Enjoy,

Mehdi.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samrat,

that's the "reason" you find in the "Ext. properties" of the "Attributes"-tab of the entry type for that. I guess, it would be the "Pending value"-entry type. Of you look at the "Ext. properties", you'll find this popup:

Here you can then choose to put the reason as "Mandatory". Quite hidden. Good hunting!

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Thank you for your reply.

The reason field is not linked with any attribute. I have tried to map UI field with related attribute in below screen shot. Even I remove all attributes in Attribute tab, the reason field is still exist(Red rectangular box).

If I put some text in this field, that is updating in IDMV_LINKAUDIT_EXT view.

select Distinct(REASON) from IDMV_LINKAUDIT_EXT where UserMSKEY = 'XXXXXXX'. I am not finding any attribute is getting updated.

Thanks,

Samrat

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know. Please read my answer again. You look at the wrong "Attributes"-tab. Take a look at the one of the "Pending value" entry type.

Regards,

Steffi.

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Stefi is referring to is a 'Multi-Value' Attribute's 'Ext.Properties'. (for MX_PENDINGVALUE).

In the approval task screenshot (above) pending value isn't listed.

Checked in my sandbox and find that the 'Reason' field (highlighted in red rectangular box) is coming even if no attribute is listed (as mentioned by Samrat). 

Guess it is safe to assume that this field is built internally and presented for an approval task in UI. Will be interesting to know the solution for making the field as Mandatory.

BR,

Ganesh.S

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh S wrote:

Hi,

Stefi is referring to is a 'Multi-Value' Attribute's 'Ext.Properties'. (for MX_PENDINGVALUE).

In the approval task screenshot (above) pending value isn't listed.

"MX_PENDING_VALUE" is the entry type on which that mask (in the screenshot) is based.

I'm talking about the attributes and extented properties of the entry type the whole time. I can't make it any clearer than pointing out, that the reason field is set by looking at those properties on the entry type "MX_PENDING_VALUE". You won't find it on the UI mask or with a normal attribute.

Regards,

Steffi.

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Did you resolve this issue?

Interested to know how and where this is configured. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

The issue is not solved yet. I will update if it is solved.

Thanks,

Samrat