cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with third party Purchase requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For third party scenario : some of the PRs from Sales order creating with status “Blocked by requester” so not able to create PO for those PRs. I need help on this at the earliest, please share your thoughts on this, what could be the reason for this?

Thanks

Sha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyan,

is this happening for this particular material only?

Check any previous success case PR's for the combination of material,plant,p.org and User ID.

Please check once, it may give you some idea any custom development exist or not.

Regards

Nagesh

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shyan - It is likely that customer service Rep who created the sale order has put this on hold. This can be done by initiating block codes in the sale order. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rammohan,

Thanks for your reply, let me know where exactly we need to check.

do you mean in program level we need to do something.

thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are not supposed to do anything with a blocked PR, hence no need to be hectic.

If you use Google to search with the exact term “Blocked by requester” then you get a page from help.sap.com right away

Blocking Purchase Requisition Items - Purchasing (MM-PUR) - SAP Library

This explains the general background.

And you better ask your requester why he blocked it, you may find him in the change history to your purchase requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

no one is Blocking the PR here, from third party these PRs are generating automatically with status "Blocked by requester". so PR change History is blank in this case. Please advice if any setting is there for this.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any standard customizing to set the "Blocked by requester" automatically with PR creation coming from MRP  or created via the third-party-order in the procurement section, here is not even this field available .

SAP itself has status management in the sales order to restrict PR creation and PO creation. It further checks credit limit and does not allow procurement if the order is credit blocked.

I am not aware that the status management in the sales order can update the blocked by requester field.

I actually think this is custom made functionality.