cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessObjects 4.1 Trusted Authentication using NW SSO 2.0 SLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Due a recent requirement on our site to move from a Single Domain to a one-way trust multi domain user base. We are moving from the Standard SPNEGO Kerberos Product and have installed the Secure Login Server, this works fantastically well and we can login use both domain users in to the SAP GUI / NWBC and Personas.

I now need to move over from AD Authentication in BusinessObjects to Trusted Authentication but there seems to be a total lack of documentation in the area, surely SAP would want BO to work with it's own SSO technologies?

So far I have done the following with Business Objects, Enable trusted authentication and enabled HTTPS with client authentication and created and Enterprise user with the same name as my CN.

I have tested using a customer JSP that tomcat is receiving my client certificate and have read out the Username.

I know there is more configuration to do but I don't know what more there is? SAP can you comment?

Kindest Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I could not find any document about SSO for BOBJ using X.509 certificates, either.

Then I opened an OSS message about the issue.

And learnt that Kerberos authentication works with BOBJ but X.509 certificates are not supported by SAP BO.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

the best source of information that I am aware of is the SCN page at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33875 , which covers all the SSO aspects of BOBJ software.

Best regards,

Christian