cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilevel Controlling in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using multilevel controlling, in cprojects -4.0.A project structure is getting replicated in PS for corresponding elements in cProjects.

My doubt is how do we capture the other costs i.e of Material, labour etc.Do i need to create a network and activities in PS, to assign n captur this cost?

Secondly after the costing is done in PS, does it gets replicated or updated in cProjects Project Structure?

If anyone is having any document or mtrl on it pls send me to sarang_mujumdar@rediffmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang

I think there is a setting for the project type to control when the WBS is created (always, from release, from flag for replication status)

You should check this setting and if necessary set the status on the project.

Regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

I have already maintained the setting for project as 'As of Released, Flagged fprr transfer'.I ahv released my project and flagged it for transfer.

Even after doing all the above things i am unable to replicate th project in PS.iN ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT tab i can see two parts one forcProjects project in which i can see structure for cproject , but in second part of PS project, noPS structure with WBS appears.

Regards,

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

One more issue in cprojects;

I am still stuck up problemof Error of 'Cost/Revenue rates not defined for Resources'.

Just go thru the steps, which i have followed n let me know if i hav done it correctly:

1.Intially i hav defined an orgn in PPOCE, where in i have mentioned the Account Assignment details of CO area,Cost Centre etc.

2.I hav assigned a Position to it i.e. Proj Manager, for which i have defined the rates in backend in R/3.

3.After that i have created a BP in employee role.

4.By again going to PPOME i have assigned this BP to the position and hence the orgn which i have created earlier in PPOCE.

5.Finally when i have created a proj in cProjects, i have assigned that orgn in additional data tab page.

6.Going to the Resource tab page, i have selected the role and staffed the employee(created earlier) for that role i.e Proj Manager.The cost for that role can be seen in costing tab page.But when i calculate the cost i am getting an error that Cost/Revenue rates not defined for Resource (along with the Resource name, which i hav created in employee role)

As per my knowledge i have followed all the steps, but still i am unable to solve the error.If u can give me ur personal id, i can even send u the screen shots which will give u a more clearer idea.

Waiting for ur reply.

Regards,

Sarang

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

regarding your second question: yes. when you use multi-level controlling and plan some values in ECP, they should be reflected in cProjects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Thanx for ur reply.Now i am facing the problem that cProject project is not getting automatically replicated in PS.I have maintained the setting of Multilevel Controlling (Structure Element,Automatic) n done all the necessary accounting integration.

What could be the reason?

Regards,

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sent a document to your email address.

p.s. In case you find the document useful please reward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your reply.However i am unable to understand the relevance of FB50 transaction.As per my understanding FB50 is used for passing JV enteries in accounting and if are using FB50 it would imply that we have captured the cost on a G/L account earlier and we are now just reclassing or transferring the cost to the new cost element so i am not able to understand the relevannce of using T- Code FB50. If need to caputure the cost on the cost element if can do the same at the time of receiving the invoice from the vendor and ensuring that it booked under the correct cost element and WBS element. Probably i may be missing on some thing so it would be of great help if you can elaborate the steps in detail.

One more thing is after doing easy cost planning in PS, does this cost gets reflected in cProjects?

Regards,

Sarang