Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Uses of PRT in Maintenance

Hi Gurus,

I want to use a PRT equipment as Stallion (An equipment testing other equipment : Calibration process). Is that a good logic ? if it's not what kind of equipment category i can use to meet the requirement of knowing the uses of the calibration equipment.

Transaction to know more information about the PRT uses.

Kind Regards,

That's correct. You can use equipment category P i.e. PRT in this case.

Basically the logic used is that all instrument that needs calibration are to be categorized though standard equipment category: Q ie. "Test and Measuring Equipment" and all Master calibrator instrument which are used to calibrate the instrument is to be categorized with Equipment category P i.e., Production Resources and Tools.

General rule is any resource/tool/equipment which is not fixed and is mobile can be classified as a PRT. Below is the general definition given by SAP for PRT:

Production resources/tools (PRTs) are mobile operating facilities used in production or plant maintenance. The R/3 System distinguishes between the following types of production resource/tool on the basis of their attributes and business function:

• Materials considered in materials management, for example, in inventory management, material requirements planning, and procurement
  • Equipment such as measuring devices or high-quality tools requiring preventive maintenance
  • Documents such as drawings or programs for which document management functions are used
  • Other PRTs (with a PRT master record) requiring less maintenance

Hope this helps!

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question