cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear support, not so clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i just posted a request on the BO section of SCN but i got it rejected with the following reason:

Reason: Federico - have you searched SCN per the rules of engagement?

Is it so difficult to let the motivation be more clear??????

This community is already a big mess (due to the high number of information too) so a little bit more detailed reason could be helpfull.

What i have to do to get my message posted?

Regards

Federico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Federioc

Extending on what Dev has said and piggybacking on some of your comments

Is it so difficult to let the motivation be more clear??????

The two comments here are

1. Was your question relatively basic (if you happen to be new to this topic it might not seem basic to you)? Some indications of a basic question is usually in the form of "How do I do xyz?" or "Pls send me documentation on blah"
  2. Your question is not actually basic but you have not clearly explained your issue, including sharing with the community what you have attempted to do.

The Moderator has been pretty clear here to ask you have you searched. This would suggest that it is a commonly asked question or you have not explained yourself.

This community is already a big mess (due to the high number of information too)

This community is predominately run by volunteers. The "mess" is created by members. It is a challenge to keep on top of it and there is a lot of behind the scenes work many people perform to keep on top of it. As you alluded, yes there is a lot of information (how fantastic is that to have a community that willingly provides free information  that is useful and not full of marketing content?)

But you also talk about the mess. If your question have to be basic and could have been located through search, then wouldn't you be contributing to the "mess" that frustrates you?

so a little bit more detailed reason could be helpfull.

The reason given is quite helpful but seems more that you do not like the repsonse. However, in the Moderator console there is not space to write a really meaningful response (one to two sentences at best). Also, going back to you point on "mess" and "volume" as well as my comment about "volunteers" - these Moderators only have so much time to do their best. Sometimes a quick reply is all there is to keep on top of the rest of the Alerts that come through their queue (adding a SPAM attack with additional Moderation workload). Not a perfect system but they do their best

What i have to do to get my message posted?

Okay....

1. Take the Moderator's short but succinct comment on board as constructive feedback
  2. Do not attempt to re-post your question as is (you risk account deactivation if you continually ignore the Moderator)
  3. Go and search for your key words (use Google or SCN search. I prefer Google by adding site:*.sap.com to get content from all SAP sites - or site:scn.sap.com for just SCN)
  4. If you do not find your answer after searching then attempt to repost. However, make sure you

(1) Explain your issue in detail (provide screen shots)

(2) Explain what you have attempted to do to resolve the issue

(3) Explain what material you have looked at (config guides, Marketplace, similiar SCN posts)

Take the time to ask a good question and show you have made an effort. You will have a much better change of your post being accepted.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

My problem is related to the answer due to the fact that my request was simple but related to a subject that doesn't have documentation on google, scn or sap support site.

Due to the fact that is not an issue but the request regatrding the possibility to use a specitic metodology i couldn't do any screenshot and i explained what i could try to do.

So by reading your answer i feel is even more strange to get rejected.

As a last comment i would say that SCN meaning is to be helpfull and reject a post by write "serch more" is the opposite; If is a already discussed issue send me the link or at least some hint for a reserach, not that kind of answer. (that would be helpfull).

Sorry but i have no time to talk more about all the point you pointed out, but even if this is a community and all are volunteers this is not an excuse for a fast pointless reply.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
If is a already discussed issue send me the link or at least some hint for a reserach, not that kind of answer. (that would be helpfull).

All that will do is encourage the person to continue to post questions without searching and create more work and noise.

You define helpful in relation to how you benefit. Moderators looks at helpful in terms of how the community benefits.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Federico Pancucci wrote:

Sorry but i have no time to talk more about all the point you pointed out, but even if this is a community and all are volunteers this is not an excuse for a fast pointless reply.

But you not having enough time is an excuse for not engaging in discussion?

It sounds to me like you are demanding that others spend time on you, but you're not prepared to put time in yourself.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly, you need to show that you have searched in SCN about your query. Explain what you have done already from searching.

I am not from BO section, but a discussion could be rejected if it discussed many times before.

Here, moderator has given the reason that you need to search. Have a look into the blog post for more details