Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRC Type:"X" PPDS GATP

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Today we faced an issue with ECC system that purchase requisition  generating for unconfirmed qty for the sale order. Hence customer moved the solution to APO.

Salepack product having BOM with proc.type: "X" and moved PDS to APO.

Make to order case:  Sale order confirmed against component availability ( Multi level ATP check), but in RRP3 we are getting Planned Order instead of PR.

Info records are moved to APO, All master data is present in APO and t-lane exist for vendor and Plant.

What else settings i need to do for getting purchase requisition  in RRP3 after heuristic run.

Please share your valuable thoughts.

br

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

If I correct understand the parent proc.type is X. So, the SKU can be produce in house production or external procurement. In your case you also have a PDS created for this parent (to support in house production activity).

The concept of the proc.type X is if the product can't be produce in time (in house production) then will be procured from an external source.

In your case you don't have any capacity constraint to produce it in house, so for this reason you have a pl.order created by heuristic instead of purch.req.

If you want to have p.req created by heuristic you have to change proc.type to F on ECC side and resend it by CIF (initial transfer).

Thanks.

Regards, Marius  

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Thanks Maris for your insight!

But If Maintain proc.type "F" i cant move PDS to APO. with out PDS i cant perform component availability check(MATP) while order confirmation. because of that we maintained "X" type MRP in ECC but customer not ok with ECC MRP run.

What i can do in this issue to solve. 

-> Sale order should check components and after heuristic run need a purchase requisition this is what customer expecting from APO system, is it possible to get PR for proc type "X"

Regards

sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/47/37934e7ff19d4cb3b7084291a8259a/frameset.htm

Thanks, Marius

I would highlight:

Use

Within source determination in  Supply Network Planning  (SNP) and in  Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling  (PP/DS), the system defines a ranking order for the valid, alternative sources of supply, based on the following data: 

•   Quota arrangements
  •   Procurement priority
  •   Procurement costs
  •   Procurement type

The ranking order of the sources of supply is a recommendation for the planning application. The planning application selects a source of supply from this ranking list according to application-specific criteria. For PP/DS, for example, on-time delivery is a decisive factor.

1. Procurement type   If the priorities and the costs are the same, in-house production takes precedence over external procurement. If various external procurement relationships exist for a supplier-product combination, the following data is also included in source determination:
    1.   a. External procurement relationship type If several transportation lanes with different external procurement relationship types exist, a  scheduling agreement  takes precedence over a  contract  , and a  contract  has priority over a  purchasing info record  .
    2.   b. Procurement form If several external procurement relationships with different forms of procurement exist, the procurement form  consignment  takes precedence over the procurement forms  normal  and  subcontracting  . 
Modification to the Ranking List

You can use the BAdI/SAPAPO/PWB_SOS to modify the content and the sequence of the sources of supply in the ranking list. For example, you can sort the sources of supply according to procurement costs and then according to procurement priority.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhakar,

A possible answer is in the documentation provided by expert Marius. Try changing the priority of the source-of-supply or the costs. Make the priority of the transportation lane high (1) and the PDS low (maybe 2 or 25). The Tlane priority is in the lane master data. The PDS priority can be changed in the ECC transaction PDS_MAINT. Also try to make the cost of external procurement much less than internal procurement. Again use PDS_MAINT to set single-level costs to a high number. You may have to retransfer the PDS with CURTO_CREATE.

Best Regards,

Mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks a lot for valuable thoughts!

Please explain one by one step, where can i change T-Lane Priority? how i can change source of supply  cost ?

regrads

sudhakar

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I changed priorities, maintain proirty to PDS , still im getting planned order .

Some how i got some overview on this i encountered below warning , i guess this only strucking PR creation.

Plese suggest your thoughts on this

regards

Sudhakar

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I created sub contacting PIR and Sub contracting product version.

But Sale order not exploding the PDS while conforming.

Proc type : F

Spc,key   :30

Kindly comment, what is the reason for not exploding PDS. PDS available in APO.

Regrads

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

If you are now introducing subcontracting into the scenario, that is a new problem. It hasn't been mentioned before.

What is your scenario?

How is the master data set up?

What did you change the priority to in the PDS?

What location is the PDS in?

What priority did you change the transportation lane to?

Above all else, the system will try first to meet the requested date of the product. If your external procurement time is greater than the requested availability date, then you will get a planned order.

What happens with a sales order out in the future where the availability date can be met?

Best Regards,

Mike

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Customer required a subcontracting planned order from APO but APO system generating standard planned order.

I ciffed PDS with PVs, Info record and all master data to APO, still system generating standard planned order. Please suggest how i can solve this issue.

Above planned order generated in APO moved to ECC, but type of the planned order is standard in-house, how i can get subcontracting planned order.. If i run MRP run in ECC with ECC setting ECC system generating sub contacting planned orders.. Missed any settings in APO????

Please suggest me to go forward

Regards

Sudhakar

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please respond to the above query!!!

Regards

sudhakar