cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy WM for Double Deep Racking

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there, what's the best strategy for implement double deep racking in SAP WM? Bulk Storage or Next Empty Bin? i want to store 2 pallet in one bin in one TO processing automatically, because maybe in next empty bin strategy not fulfill my requirement.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depend based on your picking what is ur business require for picking and also we need answer of few below question to give the answer

-Do u want to pick based on First in First out

-Do you have three way access to pick the pallet from the back bin

- Are you planning to store the same material / batch in both the bin or mixing is allowed

-How the picking process takes place physicall in the warehouse(through Fork lift operator or AS/RS)

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your response, this is my requirement based on your question:

-picking strategy based on FEFO first expired first out

-no, we must pick material in front of the rack with forklift

-mixing is not allowed, only one material and one batch stored in one bin

-picking process is done by cold storage forklift.

Thanks.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the information supplied by you i can suggest to go with Bulk however i see one more challenge there as you have to store same material batch back to back due to your physical infrastructure limitation (one way access) If you store more then one material / batch in one bin then during picking based in FEFO if system propose the which which is at the back then it is going to be difficult for operator to pick that

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, i have to avoid mixed storage in one bin to make an easy way for operator to do picking process, Thanks.