mario_bisonti2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I use SWPM 1.0 to migrate Solution Manager 7.1 , from :

windows 2003 oracle 11.2.0.3

to

windows 2008 R2 oracle 11.2.0.4

I executed SMIGR_CREATE_DDL on the source system, I executed the export from SWPM->Solman 7.1 SR1 - >...

After I import in the target but I obtain for many indexes I have the error:

ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

I think that it could be a problem on the scripts generated by SMIGR_CREATE_DDL

It seems a problem related to some IOTs table script

For example, I have the error:

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(    CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "TPFYDOC~0" ON "TPFYDOC"          ("OBJ_NAME",           "LANGU",           "SEQNO")        PCTFREE 10        INITRANS 002        TABLESPACE PSAPSR3    COMPRESS 2    STORAGE (INITIAL     0000000064 K                 NEXT        0000001024 K                 MINEXTENTS  0000000001                 MAXEXTENTS  UNLIMITED                 PCTINCREASE 0000                 FREELISTS   001) )

DbSlExecute: rc = 102

(SQL error 955)

error message returned by DbSl:

ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

In the attachment SDOCU.SQL there is the one of the .SQL files generated by SMIGR_CREATE_DDL .

Note that table TPFYDOC was converted to IOT as I verified by:

SQL> SELECT TABLE_NAME, INDEX_NAME FROM DBA_INDEXES WHERE INDEX_TYPE = 'IOT - TOP';

So the errors, seem related to the wrong interpretation of IOT by the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL report.

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mario_bisonti2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I found oss note:

2129884 - Error during homogeneous migration of IOT table

but it isn't releaased for my support packages level...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mario,

If you have your source system still avilable try to replace the .LST by re-executing the smigr_create_DDL.

Also you can replace the DDLORA.TPL under  \export\abap\DB\ORA(The location may differ in your case)  file from the dump with the one from the SWPM sap inst log directory. and give a re-try.

Let us know if this help.

Regards,

Ram

mario_bisonti2
Participant
0 Kudos

Ram, but If I execute SMIGR_CREATE_DDL I obtain always the same .sql with the problem mentioned.

I don't understand which is the test that you would like to try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Then i would suggest to copy the .tpl file  from saoinst directory to dump and try it out.

Regards,

Ram

mario_bisonti2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I skipped the error changing the .TSK files and successfullty import .

But, I think that there is a problem on the report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL.when it manages IOT object.

Do you think that I had to open an Oss message to the SAP Support?

Thanks a lot.

Mario

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Yes you can raise it and see what they say, maybe they send you a correction note.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

Could you check this SAP KBA for error message "ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object"

1844436 - ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

BR

SS

mario_bisonti2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks but the table was created successful not in shadow system but in the new schema.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

I think you have to delete the index and  retry the system copy refer the SAP KBA

2092401 - ORA-09555: name is already used by an existing object during EHP upgrade

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Do once check if the table has any entries, if not then you can  drop the index and table and then wait for the SUM to create the required structure.

Do take the backup of the table before doing this.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Ram

mario_bisonti2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I can't drop index, due to contraints.

I try to skip the error setting ok to the index recreation on the .TSK script because I see that the table is created correctly with the entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

You can do that and proceed ahead.

Regards,

Ram

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

I have access to older version of  solman 7.0 EHP1 and the table TPFYDOC doesn't have a primary key, hence creation of a unique index won't be applicable, but not sure about 7.1

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Please ignore my earlier comment, the index doesn't exist in DDIC, but it does in database.

Regards,

Siddhesh