Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create folder inside the folder - EASY DM FOLDER

vallamuthu_madheswaran2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement that I need to create the document(CV01N) and assign the  creat afolder

I have created a document(CV01N) and linked the material via program. I need to add the same material in root folder which is in Document browser tab.

if the root folder has material number range. my requirement is that check the material number range, if it is there then select that folder and create one more folder against material name and add the document(i.e I need to create the folder in that folder(inside)  I have to create one more folder).

I am using BAPI  "BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2"

How to create folder inside folder in above mentioned FM.

Thanks with Regards.

Vallamuthu M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally in EasyDMS or the document browser the creation of a folder happens in two steps:

• BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 is used to create the new document info record.
  • BOM function modules are used to create a new document BOM and use the previous created DIR as header.

If you want to add this new folder as subfolder to another structure, there is another step necessary:

• Use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 for the header document and insert the new subfolder document into table DOCUMENTSTRUCTURE. Please note that in this table all other existing document BOM positions must be available too. So maybe you use the BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 first to get all the existing BOM positions and then add the new folder an hand over the adopted data to table DOCUMENTSTRUCTURE for BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2.

Best regards,

Christoph