cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP update queue stuck for RBA check rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have issue with BOP update queue stuck in ECC inbound after the RBA for product substitution failed at one of the alternate product.

When BOP runs, it checks for main product availability, if it doesn't find availability, it checks for alternate product (maintained in the rule). But here, the alternate product is marked as ND and hence not included in any active IM.

In such a case BOP returns un-updated & queue is failed with the error "No active IM exist". Even if there are other alternate products in the rule, BOP does not go for it and simply returns back for even such a single entry (ND product).

(It checks CIF tables in the background, in my case CIF_IMSLS).

But when the same order is changed through VA02, system suggest only relevant alternate products & allow to change.

Is this a standard behavior of BOP? If yes, is it suggested to make some logic change in standard FMs of CIF when BOP is called?

Please advise.

Thanks,

AP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

This is SAP standard. If the product itself is not active, why would the production substitutio be setup at place in gATP system. So, basically what is recommended is to design your own custom tools to check if the products (source and substitute product) are active for gATP before creating the substitution rule.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for your reply.

We analyzed it and found that during BOP it checks CIF tables to see if the substitute materials are there in any active IM. In my case, it was checking CIF_IMSLS - Sales order IM.

Closing the thread, thanks!

AP.

Answers (0)