cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function MEA dfinition MAi Repository - rule type none

0 Kudos

Hi

In the sap solution manager administration work center , In Self-diagnosis , I have a very critical alert under the function tab ,

MEA dfinition MAi Repository and message  :  Following metrics with RULETYPE NONE has RULEXML value filled.

Details of Alert : 00157

Response Strategy

Metrics below must not have RULE_XML since RULE_TYPE = 'NONE'

1 .

Instance Status (Remote) 005056B44CB91ED4A6801BB78F4C8E4D 0001

I have not idea where to start looking on how to fix this error , have tried google and sdn , but none such discussions ?

Hoping you could be of assistance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Carla

I expect the same issue within our Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 11. The Note, mentioned by Roland, does not solve the issue - instead deactivates the check (according the correction instruction 1853307 attached to note 1759626).

So I expect, that you just can ignore it.

Regards, Michael

0 Kudos

Thank you michael !

0 Kudos

You're welcome.

Best regards, Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This appears to be some type of GUID:

005056B44CB91ED4A6801BB78F4C8E4D 0001

I would almost venture that you have something orphaned in MEA, this doco may be helpful for your situation or at least gather more information -

0 Kudos

Hi Bily

Thanks for this article, I have seen it, but now that you mentioned it, I tried to follow the steps again..

However , in my expert mode  - under the configuration tools section , i have no "find and delete invalid data " ?  I have added a screenshot for you to see...

I am working in my development system and have SAP_all and SAP_new

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhh so I wrote that with SP08 running, I found that after upgrading that button was removed.

I'm running SP12 currently, and my report is no where near what you are showing.  However if you click on metric troubleshooting do you see a screen that asks:

Monitored Object ID

Monitored Object Name

Technical Scenario

Metric ID

Metric Name

I would try that number in the Object ID section and see if you get a hit on it, and see if it comes back with something useful.

Before trying to delete it, I suggest you find out what it is tied to as it could make problems worse depending on what it is, but then again it is a Dev system...*Hold my beer*

I also don't think authorizations is an issue here when it comes to this report, as long as you can run it and the only filter is the expert button.

0 Kudos

it's blank unfortunetly

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something to try, drop characters off the end of the guid and see if anything eventually comes back or run it with a * and ctrl F and search through a very long result (will vary pending on the number of systems).  Also so I'm on the same page did you search for 005056B44CB91ED4A6801BB78F4C8E4D 0001 or 005056B44CB91ED4A6801BB78F4C8E4D?

Does the Search Logs for Message provide you with anything useful?

0 Kudos

Thanks Billy , I have tried as you mentioned, are going to go with Michael 's suggestion , that it's okay to ignore .

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

Can you apply SAP Note 1759626 - Self Diagnosis Checks Display Fixes to see if this helps?

Kind regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi roland

I had version 10 of this note in , update to version 12 , and re ran the self-diagnosis, but no luck

Thanks for your input

Any other ideas ?

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

Please follow the steps below to see if this helps.

- Implement Note 2123893
- Once the note is implemented, you can import
the latest SP12 content   available.
- restart the self diagnosis.

Kind regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland.

Unfortunetly this note can not be implemented on our system .

We are on support pack 10

Thanks