cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW on Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please let me know, How can we use BW System on Solution Manger System instead of using a Separate System? What steps need to be followed to bring it back to Solution manager System? In our case BW and Solman System are different Systems but we need to bring BW on Solman System.

Kindly help me what steps need to performed for doing above.

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya ,

What is the version of Solution manager and the BI system   ?

Also

Why are you required to do a source system connection on Solution manager to a BI system ?

What are you extracting from the BI ? Are you using the solution manager for an Integration Scenario ?

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Please find the below releases

Solution Mangaer:

SAP_BASIS  701 release SP level 13

BI_CONT 706 release    SP level 0007

SAP_BW 701 release SP level 13

BI System:

SAP_BASIS  700 release SP level 29

BI_CONT 706 release    SP level 0007

SAP_BW 700 release SP level 0031

Why are you required to do a source system connection on Solution manager to a BI system ?

Recently our Systems got migrated to other location in which Solution manager system is not configured with new host name. All the settings are left with old host name only. So in this case we cannot upgrade Solman BI Content, So thought of using BW on Solution manager instead of BI System.

What are you extracting from the BI ? Are you using the solution manager for an Integration Scenario ?

I am not sure what is exactly happening in the system. But from Solution manager system it was calling function modules in BI System through RFC. It was calling for 3 function modules daily and exactly 40 dumps are occurring in the system.

Not sure what is the source from which these function modules are called. There might be some process or program which does. !!!

Could you please look into this and suggest me.

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyareddy ,

It seems you are using the solution manager system  ( BI )  for BI applications .

Please read the comments from Sidesh once again . Believe you are trying to do something not recommended and approved by SAP

cI am not sure what is exactly happening in the system. But from Solution manager system it was calling function modules in BI System through RFC. It was calling for 3 function modules daily and exactly 40 dumps are occurring in the system.

Please check the RSA1 transaction in the solution manager system . check whether there is a source system connection to the BI system .

Believe you might need to rethink whether to keep this source system connection . Temporarly disable the RFC and check whether the dumps stop

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I have already disabled RFC, dumps are not occurring in the System. If RFC is disabled, Is this impact any performance in the System.? Here for more information, After migration has done for our Systems, Solution manager was not setup with migrated host name ,it was left with old host name only and also BI System was also configured with old host name in Solman System. In my view, I think it is of no use, now Solman acts as a dummy(correct me if I ma wrong) with above settings.

Could you please revert on this

Regards,

Satyardha

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya ,

Since the hostnames were not changed  .

1 ) You need to drop the connection  ( RSA1 connection  - Use RSAP_BIW_DISCONNEC function module  ) and recreate it  ( Client of the source system should be opened and RFC with the correct hostnames done .)  - Issue you would loose the existing data in the cubes  and will have to extract again

2 ) Correct the host system in the RFC destination and activate the source system connection in RSA1 . You might need to Restore the connection if there are port conflicts

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

Your license agreements will not permit you to use Solman as BW as well as the BW component in solman is customised for Solman content and Solman functionality.

What you are asking is non-standard and hence not supported by SAP, so don't plan to use Solman as BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh/Warring,

As suggested by SAP, saying that

If you use a separate BW system, the exact same BW Content version

(software component BI_CONT) as that which is delivered with the SAP

Solution Manager must be installed.  You can also not update the

Content at will; instead, it must always correspond exactly to the

Solution Manager version. Therefore, SAP recommends that, for BW for

the Solution Manager, you do not use any BW system that is already

used for other purposes; for example, for reporting to CRM."

either you use the internal BW on SolMan (recommendation by SAP)

or another BI system with BI_CONT matching SolMan system.

Could you please explain what actually it mean.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Satyardha

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Solman comes with a BW component and CRM component.

The BW component has tables and programs pre-populated to serve BW functionality.

In every BW instance SAP supplies preconfigured and pre-developed content, which is available for use for variety of applications. For example SAP will provide BW Content for Finance industry, IS-OIL industry, Insurance etc.This content is nothing but pre-built configuration which is relevant to these industries, which developers can use as templates while creating their BW model specific to their requirements.

What SAP is saying is with Solman SAP provides BW component pre-configured with Content to suite Solman functionality, so it has templates and configuration that solution manager functionality requires.

So you can use the BW component on Solman only for Solman purpose, or you may link your Solman to another BW instance that has content delivered for Solman only.

Click this link to learn more about BI Content.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thank you very much.

In our case, We have different BW instance in which BI_CONT Component release doesn't match with Solution manager. Instead of upgrading Solman to higher release of BW instance content, we are checking for alternative solution as we have a plan of upgrading Solman in upcoming months. But CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND dump is recurring in the system continuously with 40 dumps exactly in a day. Checked in BIP(BW) System but we couldn't find the functional module in the System. This could be the reason for the dumps. We have planned upgrade, so meanwhile in order stop dumps in the system, we are checking for the solution.

We are using another BW instance linked to Solman, Is BW component in BIP System has the same functionality as in Solman System? Instead of using BI content in BIP, can we use it from SOLMAN System for BIP System? What are the steps that are required to setup BW component from SOLMAN for BIP System?

Could you please advise me on above and also please suggest any alternative ways to stop the dumps in the system.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Satyardha

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I cannot follow what you are trying to say and do, hence can't help you much, good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Sorry, I would had mentioned more clear on this. Can you help me in solving below,

We are facing CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND dump recurring since 10 days.Moreover exactly 40 dumps in day.

On further analysis, we found that the dumps generated due to “Function modules SMD_HK_AGGREGATE_MDX and SMD_HK_DELETE  are not found”.

This happened under solution manager in which SLM System acts as a Source system and calling the destination System BIP through RFC connection for the function modules SMD_HK_AGGREGATE_MDX and SMD_HK_DELETE in which we couldn't find these Function modules in the target System i.e. BIP System and this leads to recurring dump CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND.

The above two Function modules are related to program SAPLE2E_EFWK_HOUSEKEEPING which is also not existing in the system.

On further analysis, I found that above  Function modules are with same package, Function group,…  As per Note 1434222(please refer below note), I could see that there might be problem with package but the Note is not specific to our version,

Here I found that the problem is existing with same features of Function modules. Moreover here the function modules are with package RS_BCT_SMD

Symptom

The packages

RS_BCT_CCMS_CPH
RS_BCT_CCMS_WEBAS_STAT
RS_BCT_SM
RS_BCT_SM2
RS_BCT_SMD

and the objects contained in them no longer exist in the system.

Other Terms

RS_BCT_CCMS_CPH
RS_BCT_CCMS_WEBAS_STAT
RS_BCT_SM
RS_BCT_SM2
RS_BCT_SMD

Reason and Prerequisites

The packages were unnecessarily delivered as part of SAP_BW 7.20. Since none of the functions included can be used, the packages were deleted with Support Package 3 of SAP_BW 7.20.

Solution

This note serves only as documentation of the history; there are no errors as such.

We couldn't find the solution for the above. So ,raised a concern to SAP,After discussing with SAP, We came to know that there is mismatch of BI_CONT version in SLM and BIP Systems, This could results in short dumps.

In our case, BW activities takes place in  another BW System in the landscape i.e. BIP. The Solution Manager data is written to the remote BW system via Remote Function Call (RFC) and the SAP Solution Manager reads this data again via remote accesses. If we use a separate BW system, the exact same BW Content version (software component BI-CONT) as that which is delivered with the SAP Solution Manager must be installed. The same applies to the Solution Manager BW Content as for the BW Content.

The solution for this is to upgrade the Solution manager to BIP System Content. I requested SAP for any alternative solution  without  upgrade .

They are saying we can start using the BW on the Solution Manager instead of BIP.. If this has to happened, What are the settings that we need to perform?

Could you please sort above things and help me in solving the dumps issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Satyardha

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SolMan's BW is specific for the functions of SolMan, you probably shouldn't try to host a full BW data load on this platform; besides you would be restricting yourself to a 7.02 stack level.