cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.1 managing NetWeaver 7 ?

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

We have IS-U and R/3 in Netweaver 7.0 , support release 3. Our Solution Manager is 7.0 which is already out of support and I want to migrate it to 7.1 . Is this allowed? I could not find docs stating if I need both Solman and our IS-U / R3 to be on 7.1 . If this would be the case I cannot migrate the SolMan .

Please advise, many thanks!

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Yes you can migrate the SAP solman 7 to Solman 7.1 without any issues and dependecies on the Netweaver 7.0.

also when you complete the migration you have to take care of the Basis configuration/ Intial Confgiurations, also migrate saposcol to saphost agent and neeed SMDagents installed on satellite systems.

One more important thing is you need to migrate SMSY to LMDB and update the latest CR contents.

And do check for your charm/CTS+ configuration and Solman documentations.

Let us know if you need any other details from us.

Regards,

Ram

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Rams comments above

You might be required to update the ST/API and ST PI components in the ISU/R3 system to the latest available .

Also updating the host agents and DIagnostic agent  in the ISU/R3 to the latest available

Note  : You can have your solution manager  7.1 while iSU/R3 is 7.00 or lesser

Thanks ,

Manu

0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your great answers. I'll start the migration process ASAP and let you know if I come across thorny issues.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudio,

There is not such a constraint. We have solman 7.1 system and it has many satellite systems with NW7.0 (2004s) .

Regards,

Serhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claudio,

Please check note 1483508 for your IS-U / R3 and Upgrade Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Support Release 1 Preparation and Follow-Up Activities

With best regards,

Alexander