Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSE05 report header does not populate when creating new program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I create a new program in SE38, the header defined in TSE05 (Object ABAP and Keyword REPORT // same for Object ADDM) do not come into the editor screen.

In Abap Editor we get this:

Am I missing a setting or something to pull in the values as soon a a report is created?

Thank you,

Jerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1200644
Participant

Hi ,

Please see the attached screen shot

for select (Object ABAP and Keyword REPORT // same for Object ADDM)).

I think , it is help for you.

Regards,

Nilesh

5 REPLIES 5

former_member1200644
Participant

Hi ,

Please see the attached screen shot

for select (Object ABAP and Keyword REPORT // same for Object ADDM)).

I think , it is help for you.

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Kudos

Thank you Nilesh,

Is there any way to get the pattern to default without going through the pattern dialog, so it's there as soon as the user get's to the code editor in SE38?

Regards,

Jerry

0 Kudos

The header comes automatically for me via ADDM/REPORT entry in TSE05.

I don't see any setting in ABAP Editor that lets me opt out of report header.

During system debugging, I can see that header is inserted in include LSEDTATTRF10, subroutine INSERT_PROGRAM, call to subroutine fetch_template.

You can breakpoint at above location, or at insert report statement with system debugging (/hs) enabled to see whether program initially creates a header or not.

It is possible that header is present in first call to insert report, and that comment is removed at a later stage either by standard, implicit enhancement, user exit SEUED001.

This would help you to find out why header is missing.

As per correct answer in , you can anyways manipulate the code and insert your custom header using user exit SEUED001. Pay attention to value of parameter OPERATION (edit, show etc).

0 Kudos

Thank you Manish, looks like SEUED001 is the way to go for me.

Jerry