cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove record because it has links.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .  masters .

I am trying to delete some records of Vendor Repository thats records are trash so they will be remove of system.

the problem is into Master Data  show me this validation "Cannot remove record because it has links."  I know that is because exist an register in another table related with this record .   Even  I tested delete all records en Main table but the error is persistent,  My question is how I find with table or record is related with that record. 

thanks  in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

You can try this -

1.In Countries table> Name field> For all unwanted records  add this identifier ";Inactive" or ";To Be Removed" etc It will look like "AT;To Be Deleted" or "AT/Inactive"

2.Go to Main table and search in the name of countries for records having ";Inactive"

3.Remove the country data for these.

4.Come back to countries lookup and now you should be able to delete these entries as links are broken in step 2.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

Thanks for you support.  with the tip to change the description in record example "Inactive" and that allowed review where was related in other table .  now I removed that records thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure to unlink the record- delete it from child tables.

refer the thread . 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar.

I know that.  even I delete all records of Main Table. but the problem is on Loop-up table. I am not able to found the relation. could you give me any idea of how find that records relationships.

thanks in advence.