cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit pricing at both header and item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I want to configure KIT sale in SAP. I created a BOM of the header item with usage 5 and added the kit items as the components in the BOM. Stock will be maintained only for the components. When I am entering the kit header item in the order the BOM is exploding.

Now since the component items are excisable we have to do pricing at the components level to calculate the excise duty (and the same needs to be also shown in the invoice as per legal requirement). But my client wants to maintain the basic price of the kit at the header level. In other words while the basic price will come from the header, the excise duty will come from the items. By using ERLA/LUMF pricing is possible at only one level - either header or item otherwise it would be double pricing.

Please guide how such scenario can be configured.

Thanks in advance

SPS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But my client wants to maintain the basic price of the kit at the header level.

In other words while the basic price will come from the header, the excise duty will come from the items

Not clear with the above statements.  When you maintain some price, say INR 500.00 at header level, how the same will split to item level automatically?  I presume, your clients' requirement is only in output and not in VF01 / Excise Invoice generation, in which case, you can very well add the required logic in the smart form being used for excise invoice.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

As per the business requirement, the price of the kit needs to be at the header level.

But since the components are excisable goods so we have to calculate excise at each item level. (If the components were not excisable then this could easily be configured)

Lets say a kit has two components. The header price is decided as Rs 90 and the components prices are Rs 60 and Rs 40. Excise is 10%.

So on the customer invoice the basic price will be Rs 90 and total excise will be Rs 10. This logic can be developed in smartform.

But in VF01, how can I pass Rs 90 at header level to accounting when I am already doing pricing at component level.

Thanks

SPS