cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP_INCLUSION error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to upgrade my ERP 6.0 system to EHP7 but SUM is stuck on PREP_EXTENSION/EHP_INCLUSION stage. It says;

3 ETN248 Component: "SAP_GWFND" rel. "740", Support Package level: "0" (component type "A")

3 ETN248 Component: "SAP_UI" rel. "740", Support Package level: "0" (component type "A")

2 ETN085X"Calculate pure CRT Queue" "for installed Add-ons" "and already applied Support Packages" " "

3 ETN112 The OCS Package Queue is empty

2 ETN085X"Adding Add-on Installation Queue" " " " " " " 2EETN403 Add on installation/upgrade not yet complete. CRTs are required

I generated my stack.xml from Solution Manager, I selected EHP7 SP7 as target stack and then downloaded addons and support packages according to SolMan. Also my SolMan is on SP12 and has latest CIM content.

I tried resetting SUM, generating new stack.xml, downloading everything again (which was 41 GB) but nothing changed. It always stuck at the same point.

I am providing you my logs, if you can help me I will be grateful.

My system is on Windows 2008 R2 server with SQL 2012 SP1 CU7. Before EHP upgrade I also upgraded my SAP_BASIS from SP5 to SP16. I am also using latest 7.21 EXT x64 UC kernel with tp & r3trans updates.

Best regards

Kaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just a contribution from my side. I faced similar issue as below :

3 ETN248    Component: "SAP_UI" rel. "740", Support Package level: "0" (component type "A")

2 ETN085X"Calculate pure CRT Queue" "for installed Add-ons" "and already applied Support Packages" " "

2 ETN085X"Adding Add-on Installation Queue" " " " " " "

3WETN424 Package "SAPK-740AGINSTPI" : "Attribute REINSTALL_ALLOWED is missing" "->" "reject this package"

2EETN403 Add on installation/upgrade not yet complete. CRTs are required

I followed the above discussion and performed the below . My current ST-PI was 2008_1_700 SP00.

1. Stop and Reset SUM and delete the directory.
  2. Update ST-PI to SP 12 (latest available)
  3. Update SPAM/SAINT to latest ( Not sure if needed by just upgraded not to let any chance)
  4. Sync the satellite system with Solman
  5. Generate XML with STPI 740 SP02 (earlier I had generated for SP01)
  6. Clear EPS/in directory
  7. Start upgrade with SUM and it all went smooth.

Hope this helps, i am still confused on whether i got the error because

1. I did not choose SP02 for STP 740, if thats the case i had downloaded SP02 and started that EHP_Inclusion module from the beginning but still faced the issue.

2. I did not upgrade existing SP-PI to latest.

Anyways thanks..!

Regards,

Prithivi Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaan,

Did you resolve this issue,

I got the same issue when I am upgrading my BW Landscape.

I did not get this error in my Dev and Qa but got this Error in my Production Server.

Any suggestions.

Regards

Ahmed Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaan,

According to logs it is very much clear this problem relates to CRT missing.

Can you paste the 'EHP_INCLUSION.ELG' log also.

Regards

Pranay Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan,

As suggested by Pranay please provide below log to find what are the CRTs missing.

1EETQ399 Last error code set is: Non single errors (code > 😎 found in logfile 'EHP_INCLUSION.ELG'

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There is no ELG file on my abap/log directory. That file is masked in the EHP_INCLUSION_SAV.LOG file.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan,

Please post contents of file EHP_INCLUSION.ELG.

You clearly require a CRT for one of the components you have installed (as highlighted by Gaurav).

I've had this happen to me that the MOPZ tx didn't pick up the CRTs.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Here is my log file.

Best regards

Kaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaan,

You need CRTs for the add-ons highlighted:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EHP_INCLUSION ERRORS and RETURN CODE in SPDA_EHP_INCLUSION.LOG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 ETN248    Component: "SAP_GWFND" rel. "740", Support Package level: "0" (component type "A")

3 ETN248    Component: "SAP_UI" rel. "740", Support Package level: "0" (component type "A")

2 ETN085X"Adding Add-on Installation Queue" " " " " " "

2EETN403 Add on installation/upgrade not yet complete. CRTs are required

<NO EXIT CODE FOUND - PROGRAM ABORTED?>

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I searched for CRTs of SAP_GWFND and SAP_UI addons but I only found 1843157 note. I already have SPAM version 56 / 701.

Where can I find CRTs?

Best regards

Kaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kaan,

An interesting difference between your EHP7-SP-07 and mine (currently ongoing) is that your SAP_GWFND target SP level is different to mine and this is where your CRT issue might be coming from as SAP may have not created a CRT as yet given that SP10 has just made it's way through (just supposition).

I created my MOPZ on 09 March.

YOU:

SAP_UI                    740   0011
SAP_GWFND                 740   0010

ME:

SAP_UI                    740   0011
SAP_GWFND                 740   0009

Another thing you can check is that for the two components above that all the files exist and that you can perform a SAPCAR -tvf on each file (just exclude file corruption as a cause).

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I applied SAP Note 1940845 for MOpz enhancement, generated another stack.xml but now without any new add-ons but still got same error. After that I selected EHP7 SP6 as target stack but still got same error.

I checked sapcar and I didn't get any verification errors on my downloaded packages.

What else can I do?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaan,

It may seem like a stupid question but you are performing a reset of SUM and then cleaning up your SUM directory "rm -rf" and starting afresh aren't you ?

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

First I did sapup reset prepare and then delete SUM directory and afterwards I unpack it again.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaan,

Apologies for the late reply. Blame it on the time-zone differences. CRT requests are usually made on add-ons and not software components. And looking at your log-file, SAP_GWFND, and SAP_UI, are s/w components.

I suggest you go through the entire file patiently, and learn which add-on (mostly IS-*) is the conflict being caused by.

Two ways to resolve the CRT issue.

1. If the CRT is available in SMP, download and uncar it to the EPS/in directory.

2. If CRT is unavailable, download the next SP level of the problem causing add-on, and edit the stack XML file to reflect this.

Cheers!

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaan,

There could also be a possibility that the ST-PI and ST-A/PI patches are not the latest. What I would suggest is, you update these add-ons to the latest SP level, initialize the EHP_INCLUSION phase and check the logs.

If this does not work, then I suggest you reach out to SAP. There are possibilities that unwanted files are present in the EPS/in directory causing the error. It could also be a case of missing files, which is nearly impossible to find out.

Cheers!

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaan,

Please indulge me. Could you attempt one more thing for me.

I'd like to exclude the possibility that the problem isn't in your source system itself (is the system a copy or a fresh install dating back ?).

Run report RTCCTOOL and download the proposed ST-A/PI + support Packages for it.

Now update ST-A/PI with either SAINT or SPAM (depending if there is a new version or only a SP). I'd like to see if you are able to build a consistent queue with SAINT/SPAM.

Once you have applied the ST-A/PI update, build a new MOPZ and try with SUM again.

If after that you still have issues then I'd go along with the remarks made by Hemanth. The suspicion would then be that you have file(s) EPS/in that need to be removed and then I would definitely open a message with SAP.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan,

From log file EHP_INCLUSION.SAV.txt

2 ETQ399 Table ET_MISSING_PATCHES (#0):

2EETQ142 Addon queue calculation failed, rc = "-99", reason = "Add on installation/upgrade not yet complete. CRTs are required"

As per me,issue could be related with generated stack.xml file here for the system on which upgrade is going on.

I would suggest you to follow SAP Note   1512309 - Error: Unable to generate addon queue due to missing addons

1766326 - BI_CONT add-on error during upgrade

In this situation i would recheck at solution manager (SMSY & LMDB) to generate correct stack.xml file for the system & try again.

Good luck !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

My current component versions and selected components are on attached file. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong? I already generated stack.xml files several times but it didn't change.

Best regards

Kaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan,

The SUM tool is looking for a CRT (Conflict Resolution Transport). You will have to go through the EHP_INCLUSION phase logs, and find out the components/add-ons having the conflict. You will then have to search for the relevant SAP note with the keyword, "CRT for <Name of add-on>".

Once the CRTs are imported in the system, the SUM should proceed further.

Cheers!

Hemanth