cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating Transportation Zones through Function Loader

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having some issues while creating transportation zones and their hierarchies through the FUNCTION_LOADER_INLAY program. I would like to create both postal code zones and blank zones (for hierarchical levels). I am running into two problems:

1. I can create zones through the program which then appear correctly in TC /SCMTMS/ZONE, with the correct postal codes, name, and description attributed. However, these zones do not appear outside of this transaction. For example, if I attempt to create a transportation lane and do a matchcode search for zones ("Search for Locations in a Model"), these newly created zones do not appear.
  2. These zones created through the Function Loader are assigned to a hierarchy without error message; however, they do not appear in the system anywhere (ex. in transaction /SAPAPO/RELSHOW). But, I can create a hierarchy through the Function Loader using two zones that were created through the standard transaction. These hierarchies are created correctly and appear throughout the system.

This leads me to believe that the Function Loader is incorrectly creating the new zones and (and thus any hierarchies that use them) in a different model (not 000). However, I have not found a parameter in the Function Loader that includes the active model.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong here? The help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is also possible when you do not use capital letters for zones. TM only accepts capital letters for Tzones. But you can create zones in small letters via this BAPI and those zones won't be available for other purposes like lanes and optimizer.

Try to create the same using capital letters and review the results.

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did get to know the root cause of the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware about issues with non capital letters; however, I've experienced this issue even when creating zones that entirely use uppercase.

As far as solving the issue, I have not yet discovered a root cause. I have run some tests where the zones were created successfully and the hierarchy correctly populated, and other times repeating those procedures I have run into the issue. I'm still trying to figure out what it might be, and when I do, I'll report back.

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note '2154912 - Zone BAPI accepts IDs with lower case letters' fixes the issue that the zone BAPI allows lower case letters, that can not be handled by the standard maintenance UIs.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another update. We implemented Note 2154912, although I haven't tested any lowercase names yet. Tests have all been with uppercase names only or numerical codes.

I have observed a few things. After testing BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI many more times, I cannot get it to work correctly again with regards to creating the zones and assigning them correctly - i.e. the zones are created and visible in the standard maintenance transaction, but they cannot be used elsewhere nor do they appear in the hierarchy. I used this BAPI successfully one time only and have never been able to discover what exact difference made it work.

The second PUT module, /SCTM/BAPI_ZONE_SAVEMULTI, is working thus far in my tests regarding zone creation. Zones are created correctly and attributed to the hierarchy. They can also be maintained through the normal zone transaction, unlike those created by BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI. However, a downside of /SCTM/BAPI_ZONE_SAVEMULTI is its uselessness for GET information - it will only populate Zone GUID columns, and not even with correct values (it simply populates all GUID columns for each zone with 0s). Thus, it is useless as a BAPI to get information for editing in the spreadsheet. However, basic tests indicate that /SCTM/BAPI_ZONE_SAVEMULTI can be used to make edits to zone information if you enter the zone IDs into the spreadsheet manually.

It appears that /SCTM/BAPI_ZONE_SAVEMULTI is a half-solution right now to what we need, but definitely an imperfect one. If anyone has some idea of what might be going on, I'd be really grateful.

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

did you open a ticket on this? Honestly there seems to be something strange in your system. Basically the function module BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI takes over some external -> internal key mapping and then does nothing else than call function module /SCTM/BAPI_ZONE_SAVEMULTI.

You are explaining the downside of /SCTM/BAPI_ZONE_SAVEMULTI when trying to read zone with it. Well, it is a save module... How about /SCTM/BAPI_ZONE_READMULTI?

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are using following in our project and everything is fine.

Transportation Zone

READ  :  BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_GETLIST

CREATE:  BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI

DELETE:  BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_DELMULTI

Please let me know the parameters you use to create the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Marcus. You are correct - using a SAVE module doesn't make much sense for reading information. I suppose I was more in the mindset that BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI serves pretty well for displaying information in the spreadsheet as well, and the fewer modules we use the less potential confusion for the users I'll have to work with for data creation. I'll investigate the /SCTM/BAPI_ZONE_READMULTI.

I've contemplated opening a ticket on the problems with the function module BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI but have held off to ensure first that I'm not committing any errors myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bimal,

The parameters are as follows:

No parameters have fields filtered out. Our zones on the lowest level are by postal code range, so location and region params are not necessary.

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This setting looks very similar to the one we used [except for zone hierarchy]. Can you please let me know the input fields you are using for these put FM?

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

which BAPI are you using? I have checked the standard function module /SCTM/BAPI_ZONE_SAVEMULTI and it assigns the newly created zones to the active model '000'.

The hierarchy issue is releated to the missing assignment.

Regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I am using PUT module BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI and GET module BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_GETLIST as recommended in some other materials. Is there a significant difference between the PUT I've been working with and the one you mentioned?