cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 route email to SAP smtp server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a Exchange2010 infrastructure, i need to route email received to a specific address: pippo@pippo.it, to a SAP smtp server: serverip:25000

How can i obtain this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/730854

Kind Regards,

Johan

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The routing will have to be done at Exchange level as no routing takes place within SAP, so please maintain a route from Exchange to relevant SAP system. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Know i must do it at exchange level. But how? With send connector? Or how?

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please review note 455140.

Settings on the mail server (SAP-external configuration)

To be able to receive mails in the SAP system, you need to set your mail server so that certain mail addresses are forwarded to one or several SAP systems or clients. For this purpose, you need to define routing rules that assign a mail host and/or port to address areas (generic address parts, usually the domain), for example:

*@crm-prod.company.com  -->  SAPWASHost:25000

*@crm-test.company.com  -->  SAPWASHost:25001

For more information about the exact setting procedure, see the mail server documentation.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Think the note refers to exchange 2003. I am on 2010. I have a sap application that wants to receive mail from a specific internal address (internal to my company) to saphos:25000. Before migrating to 2010 our old postfix had a rule "forward any email from @.company* to saphost:25000" but exchange is not postfix. And has no forwarding rules to hosts. Only to valid mail addresses

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no specific notes/documentation from SAP on how to maintain the routing rules for Exchange 2010, note 455140 is the general configuration note for all mail servers so should also cover Exchange 2010. I would suggest contacting Exchange support is you continue to have issues maintaining the routing rules. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ciarán

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore,

You need send connector to be allowed to send to your sap system and also you need to create contact in your Exchange Server.

Don't forget to define default domain in your sap system also.

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Dhanar