cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30 Patch Level 3 Citrix XenApp 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Citrix ICA session environment, user launches a desktop environment, then launches SAP from the desktop once ICA session comes up.  Having an odd issue, where, at first logon after a user launches SAP the view for say, entering a quote are normal, after info is entered and saved and ready for printing or a new quote is opened the formatting changes.  When I say change I, I mean certain boxes that were in one place are now in another, there are clickable buttons missing.  So user exists the SAP instance, open a new instance, pulls up the saved quote and all the formatting is correct.  SO it seems that initial logon everything is ok with the formatting in a quote(just the example I have), while SAP still open tries to update/start new quote the formatting blows up.  Any ideas would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

were you ever able to gleen any ideas fromt he information I dent you regarding the kernel version?  Also that other link you sent me requires a username and password, which doesnt work with the one I use for this site.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

Your kernel level (100) is way out of date, the current level is 419.

Your best bet is to update to the current version and retest.

You need the disp+work patch for your OS and architecture. eg: NT_X64 for 64bit Intel

These files tend to be updated every few weeks or even less depending on the issues.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

That link you posted takes me to an Oops page not found place

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Im trying to get that kernel info, I dont actually have access to our live SAP system and I have tried the enjoy theme and classic and I did observe it happen with those themes as well.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

More than likely if the issue is occurring with these other themes, the kernel will solve this.

Note 19466 http://support.sap.com/sap/support/notes/19466 might give you some guidance here.

Regards.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

With my limited knowledge of the inner workings of SAP here is what I found regarding anything to do with SAP and kernel

kernel32.dll          C:\Windows\syswow64\                                                                                           6.1.7600.16385    6.1.7601.17651        1114112 16.07.2011  00:24

KERNELBASE.dll        C:\Windows\syswow64\                                          

6.1.7600.16385    6.1.7601.17651         272384 16.07.2011  00:24          

Patch level 3

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

That is the OS kernel, the SAP Kernel is an exe that works between the OS and SAP system.

To find out the kernel level/patch, logon to the desired SAP system, go to the menu System ->

Status. Directly below the section "database data", there are 3 icons, click on the center one (to the right of the green checkmark). and it should show "Kernel Release Information".

Can you paste the information that it shows (as above in our example).

Also advise if the issue occurs with the "Enjoy" theme.

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would also test by changing the theme to "Enjoy" or "Classic" to see if the issue still occurs.

If the issue depends on the GUI theme, then it's a system resource issue.

Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/200694 gives some hints when the issue is theme dependent.

Regards.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

Here is what Im talking about, the image on top  is what they should be seeing always, the second image is what they get, only sometimes when moving between screens.  From what I have been told going into a saved quote from a Sales order or after saving a sales order and trying to open up a new one, the second/incorrect screen pops up, the fields are all wrong, buttons missing etc. I am told this is what it looked like in the test environment.  I have checked the GUIXT and that is on, even if they do check or unckeck it it does not fix the issue.

Scott

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

This has all the hallmarks of a kernel issue.

Can you advise your kernel release and patchlevel please?

Regards.

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

Can you post some screenshots, as it's hard to visualize at the moment.

Regards,

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

Patch 3 is very old

Patchlevel 3: Shipped on 27th of February 2013

Strongly recommended that you update to a more recent patch (12 is the latest)

You can download the patches from here:

http://support.sap.com/patches

Browse our Download Catalog

SAP Frontend Components

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.X0 CORE

Win32

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

Thanks for the reply, I am just the citrix guy and we aren't likely going to patch 12 anytime soon.  I just don't understand why a user works on a sales form then save it and tries to open a quote or a new sales order the format is completely different, like they have opened it up in a completely different formatted form.  I mean there are buttons missing and input/output boxes are moved or missed.  In fact I have been told that the form looks like what they saw in the SAP testing environment, which they are not in.  As far as citrix goes we have recreated profiles, checked to see if the guixt was on, changed themes and it happens no matter what.

-Scott