cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduct Private Expenses from expense and post net amount to FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I went through the Private Expense configuration and the usage of Expense Wizard. These functions help to charge the private expenses to Employee Debit and Credit Credit Card vendor.

In my case, I have a different scenario. The employee may use the corporate credit card partly for his private expenses and partly for official purpose. The private expenses he has to pay directly to Credit Card company. Hence, company is not liable for it. But whatever expenses are done official, will be paid by company.

Example:

For example, if there is a $500 hotel transaction, and employee rents a movie from the hotel for $10 which is not allowed by policy. 

They will expense the $500 but mark the $10 items as a private expense. 

When the accounting transaction is done, it will be

$490 Dr. expense

$490 Cr. Amex.

$10 will be paid by employee to credit card company.

Please note- Employee manages the Corporate Credit Card and any private expense he needs to take responsibility and pay. If he fails, it will impact his credit scoring.

Please suggest how to do the settings, so that the Private expenses deduct from the expense amount and only the net figure gets accounted in PRRW.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am able to get my requirement done.

Expense Amount DR- Net Figure (Deduct Private Expense)

Credit Card Company CR- Net Figure (Deduct Private Expense)

This seems good for US country.

However, in European countries, they are looking for an entry as

Employee A/C (OR Advance to Employee A/C) DR (Private Expense Amount)

Expense A/C DR (Company Paid Amount)

Credit Card Company A/C CR (Total Amount)

Please suggest, what config variation I need to do for getting the desired  result.

Also, do we have to assign Private Expense Type with AX-Service Provider?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

combi pay/ split liability is not fully supported. To make it work, think carefully.

And please, if some of our comments has been helpful to you, or even correct, pls mark it accordingly in SCN. Thanks.

You have the following transaction types on ONE card:

- business payment

- business refund

- personal payment

- personal refund

All of those must work in a reliable way. Do you also have late payment charges in your process, which will always be personal? Define valid GL posting for all of these situations.

In standard, employees credit card expense types can EITHER be corporate OR personal. This is the first thing to handle, ideally using the USERS exit to assign symbolic accounts. 1 expense type - 1 wage type - 2 symbolic accounts: "blank" and "AX" with different GL assignments

Requirements and settings for the perfect solution (done as before in UK project):

1. New Expense Type: Personal Payment (AMEX) with seperate posting logics needed
  2. New business rules needed (BADIs available):
    check „
    origin“ of receipt and setpaid by companyflag.
    Change
    posting if „AMEX“ receipt with USERS exit
    personal expense types must never be posted to FI
  3. Set up GL Code Assignement per transaction type as described
  4. Change „review and send“ screen: add line „personal amount to be paid to AMEX)
  5. Change form (show personal amounts as described)
  6. A new User Exit will read the fieldorigin“ (payment type) and flag the transactions as „paid by companyif coming from AMEX. This makes sure that existing enhancements on review screen and on the form can be kept.
  7. A new User Exit will fill the parameter USERS according to the corresponding transaction type

8. enjoy FI-TV,

9. Michael
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that you have understood my requirement, however, I didnot understand the steps you mentioned. Can you please be more specific?

From Config side, kindly mention the steps with some examples and T Code for those steps.

From technical side, what needs to be done. I am not much conversant with BADI, and User Exits.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first, decide whether AMEX receipts will be paid by company or not (flag in expense type master data)

the new expense type for private share needs to have same setting, otherwise you cannot split it.

This should be easy without further explanation

second, decide on posting logics: Who pays credit card invoice?
--> $10 will be paid by employee to credit card company

So the right way would be to debit employee vendor and credit AMEX vendor, instead of not posting at all. Same settings for symbolic accounts like advance MJ90, but crediting AX vendor instead of advance account.

If you do not want to post it all, you should at least show the traveler how much to pay to AMEX. This will be enhancement of FITE_VC_REVIEW, indicating total of expense type "Private share of AMEX". Pls discuss with your trusted developer how to do this. SCN is not doing your work, but pointing the direction.

Additionally, total of private AMEX share needs to be deducted from trip total. So before you save the trip, you need to make sure that amounts will be stored correctly. BADI TRIP_WEB_CHECK with its many ways to change data will help you here.

Also relevant:

User Exits SAPMP56T_* - read IMG docu (IDs FITR000x)

BADI AFTER_TRIP_SETTLEMNT - changing wage type totals on settlement

BADI TRIP_POST_FI - changing line items while creating posting run

also optional: trigger different posting based on trip facts with USERS key. F1-docu on the field in column three will tell you how.You can have e.g. different posting for same expense type if entered manually or automated. BADI TRIP_WEB_CHECK/ CHECK_LINE_OF_RECEIPTS will read receipt data as well.

Sample: if PTRV_SADD-origin EQ AMEX, USERS = A

regards, Michael

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Michael has given you very detailed high quality information for a non-standard solution that is not trivial. Please put some effort into getting a grip of the sub topics which involve the solution instead of asking for a step by step list. SCN is not a document repository and people are not here to solve other people's problems or do their work via spoonfeeding. Currently, the only reason I'm not hiding this thread is that I don't want Michael's effort go to waste.

Cheers, Lukas