cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Plans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can an inspection plan be created for a non-quality group to perform? Also, can this inspection plan be automatically approved once complete, bypassing quality afterwards (no ‘pass’ or ‘fail’; just a notification)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please elaborate what exactly you are looking for.

Inspection plan can be created directly with the material reference or material can be assigned later as well.

You can restrict the access of this inspection plan by restricting the material access/inspection type etc to certain group of users. I don't think there is anything like Inspection plan for non-Q users!!

Further details would do good.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once a year, we may want to verify the supplier's packaging on each material to make to ensure it hasn't changed.  The reasoning is warehouse slotting and system guided putaways.

This would not be a quality issue.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Try creating inspection lots of type 89 for your packaging materials once in a year, and create inspection plans accordingly to support inspection lots. If there is any issue with such inspection lots/material/batch then manually block materials. I believe this will simplify your process.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think above solution is ok to make your work easy, but if you want that control then you can use Engg Change Number functionality.

1. every year create inspection lot manually with inspection type 89.

2. check for inspection plan changes

3. Generate Change number and with that change number change the inspection plan.

4. now for change number we have release strategy. we can use this release strategy.

Please try and let me know if that is working.

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure