cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update WBS on save

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to update a WBS userfield automatically when saving the project. Anyone an idea about a BADI or something else where & how I can do that?

At the end I want select the sales order assigned to the project,  select a specific material from the sales order and update the userfield with the material number.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Brendan_Ward
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

BAdI WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE should help. It has methods AT_SAVE and BEFORE_UPDATE.

Regards,

Brendan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

thanks for your reply. We are using this BADI already....and at least according to my understanding it can only raise an error, but can't perform any update tasks....

Kind regards

Jan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Hinzpeter

I would suggest that when you are creating a sales order with respect to a WBS element then at the time of saving the sales order , in the background you can call BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN to update the user fields of that particular WBS with the Sales order and material assigned to that sales order.

regards

vijay kumar hebbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I believe you can use the BADi WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE to cater this requirement. I believe the method AT_SAVE should be helpful in achieving this. The logic I believe that can be written in your case is to validate if the sales order has been assigned to that particular WBS element or project and then update the user field accordingly (if yes). If No then ensure that whatever material number which is entered in the user field (if the user enters anything by mistake) is removed in case the sales order is not assigned to the particular project/WBS element.

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Regards

Varun

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your explanation it seems this would be a one time activity, please confirm my understanding.

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole