Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance IW28 ALV Report by adding 1 custom column, t001w-name1, via User Exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to add a column in the output of iw28. I've already appended the structures to the relevant tables but I'm having a hard time getting the column to populate with the data I want. Any suggestions on which user exit to use and how to make the implementation?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This document is relevant to your requirement  For populating the field values you may have to make use of PAI BPO modules of the screen-exit.

0 Kudos

Can you provide an example? I tried following the steps but I got stuck

0 Kudos

In the line of document, you are required to create  a subscreen through the screen exit, where you will assign the dictionary field name (t001w-name1) to your field in the subscreen. This screena rea to be brought to one of the Notification (IW21/IW22/IW23) tab, as explained SPRO process. What was illustrated in the document was manually fill the user field, but in your case you want to fill this from a table. IF it is so, you will have to achieve this by writing code in the Screen-exit modules (PAI, PBO).

OR

to Another idea to bring value to your user field is to use user exit QQMA0025 (in case of PM Notification) or QQMA007 (in case of QM notification).

0 Kudos

I'm sorry but I still dont understand how that will display the data in IW28. I was under the impression that I need to append the fieldcat table in the alv report with the data gathered from the data source. Can the method you mentioned still achieve this?

0 Kudos

Exactly,

That is another way of doing that. you need to find the implicit enhancement point in the IW28 program and append the field catalog. If you can do this this will be simple. In this case you forget about what has been discussed so far.

0 Kudos

Mr. Kavala,

I followed the steps outlined in the last link you posted but I got an error in step 10 when I had to put my select statement.

*    DATA : ls_t001w TYPE t001w.

*    CLEAR : ls_t001w.

*    "FIELD-SYMBOLS : <ls_rihqmel> TYPE rihqmel_list.

*   " ASSIGN cs_object to <ls_rihqmel>.

*    "CHECK <ls_rihqmel> IS ASSIGNED.

*    SELECT SINGLE * from t/001w into ls_t001w where t001w-werks = <ls_rihqmel>-mawerk.

It gives me an error. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Never mind, I figure it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.