cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why to use Tool Group Attachments?

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I noticed the functionality to attach Material, Resource ect. in Tool Group Maintenance. Now, I wonder how I could use these attched information during the production process.

1. How could it affect a SFC start/complete if I attach the SFC material to the tool group from a tool that is set up on resource?

2. Is there a way (no customization, standard) to check whether tools that are set up on a resource belong to a tool group that has the same resource attached?

Is there anywhere a How-to guide?

Thanks in advance,

Olga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga

1. Setting up a tool on a resource makes it a timebased tool (as opposed to discrete). In such a case, the attachment criteria has no meaning. Any SFC that goes through this resource will be deemed to have "used" that tool. You can use the hook to convert the timebased tool to discrete.

2. As a result, there is no core way to check the resource matches, since the attachment critieria for timebased are not relevant.

The attachment criteria are used to drive the discrete (as opposed to timebased) tool requirements at a particular step. When you execute the Tool List Display in the POD, you will see only those tools that are attached i.e. matching the criteria for attachment folr the current POD context. A core hook can also check for "missing" tools at the step and this queries the attachment criteria to evaluate missing tools.

I am not aware of any How-to Guide on this topic.

Stuart