Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telnet combined with ITS Mobile

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are currently facing an issue when running a Telnet Session and an ITS Mobile session in parallel.

Situation 1. We log on with an RF scanner via a Telnet session. Next we also log on with the same user via ITS Mobile. This is working just fine. We can see both sessions in SM04.

Situation 2: When we first log on via ITS Mobile and next via a Telnet session, we get an error message stating: 'You are already logged on'. However, although we get this error message on our RF scanner, we can still see that the user is actually logged on to SAP (despite the error message).

In the second situation, it is possible to log on to SAP via SAP Logon pad (no error message there).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Micky.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micky,

you say:

"

Situation 2: When we first log on via ITS Mobile and next via a Telnet session, we get an error message stating: 'You are already logged on'. However, although we get this error message on our RF scanner, we can still see that the user is actually logged on to SAP (despite the error message).

"

Do I understand that you see two sessions logged on in SM04?

What are the  'Logon' settings of the ITSMobile service in questions - can access via transaction SICF

Goto tab: 'Error Pages' --> 'Logon Errors' --> 'Configuration' button

Do you have "Check for Multiple Logon" selected?

You also say:

"

In the second situation, it is possible to log on to SAP via SAP Logon pad (no error message there).

"

This is normal as I understand (you can have multiple sessions via SAPGUI) as this is a different type of session when viewed in transaction SM04. It is a GUI session rather than HTTP/HTTPS when you logon to the ITSMobile service.

Regards,

Oisin

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Oisin,

tThanks for the reply.

Oisin ONidh wrote

To I understand that you see two sessions logged on in SM04?

What are the  'Logon' settings of the ITSMobile service in questions - can access via transaction SICF

Goto tab: 'Error Pages' --> 'Logon Errors' --> 'Configuration' button

Do you have "Check for Multiple Logon" selected?

Correct, two sessions in SM04. However, on the scanner we get the error message that user is already logged on and so he/she is unable to use the scanner. Even though we get to see a new session jn SM04. We already played around a bit with the logon settings but that work either.

Oisin ONidh wrote:

You also say:

"

"

This is normal as I understand (you can have multiple sessions via SAPGUI) as this is a different type of session when viewed in transaction SM04. It is a GUI session rather than HTTP/HTTPS when you logon to the ITSMobile service.

Okay, so this actually makes sense, but it doesn't explain the fact that it is not possible to also log on with both ITS and telnet. According to me, that are also two different types of sessions: RFC and http (plug-in).

Micky.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micky,

I don't know enough about how the Telnet Session works here. Are you using Telnet in conjunction with SAPConsole?

Just for testing:

Can you logon twice to the ITSMobile service with the same user via HTTP?

If you have  "Check for Multiple Logon" selected - you should get a prompt for the second logon

attempt.

Regards,

Oisin

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know enough about how the Telnet Session works here. Are you using Telnet in conjunction with SAPConsole?

Yes we do.

Just for testing:

Can you logon twice to the ITSMobile service with the same user via HTTP?

If you have  "Check for Multiple Logon" selected - you should get a prompt for the second logon attempt.

We did configure this, so we do get a prompt for the second logon attempt.

Micky.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micky,

How do you expect this "Situation 1" to occur in the real world? Are you migrating from one technology to the other and want some kind of backup facility in place to be able switch back?

Regards,

Oisin

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They want to be able to switch between the two, ITS and Telnet, since the ITS is only (in our specific situation) used to 2D barcode scanning.

The telnet 'version' is used for regular barcode scanning.

Regards,

Micky.

Answers (0)