cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

in Matl.Master, say you have maintained std and moving cost in accounting views for material type FINISHED product. you can change moving price but not standard price.

hw do u change the standard price ?

reward pts 4 help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The standard price can not be updated directly.

One way to update the standard price is to fill the fields Future Price (MBEW-ZKPRS) and the Effective Date (MBEW-ZKDAT) for the material on the accounting view.

Next, go to Logistics -> Materials Management -> Valuation -> Valuation

Price Determination -> Future Price -> Activate

(TCODE MR2B, program RMMR2100)

regards

prashanth goud

Former Member
0 Kudos

use CK11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Primarily, You cannot maintain both Standard Price & MAP. You can maintain only one of it.

It is recommended that standard price should not be changed at randomly, but as a policy, if required, it should be changed at period end, say monthly, quaterly, Half-yearly or yearly.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward\points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please some one can help me on this isssue?

what can i do by mistake if I put wrong standard price and now I would like to change my standard price?

systme is not letting me to do that in MM02.

Thanks

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create another cost roll up for the part-CK11N , save it and then mark and release the price for a new period using CK24N. Only then will the std cost be changed.

You cna change the moving average price using MR21.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth

If you are using std prices then these do not vary unless someone is manually changing them (or using a program to do this). That is the main point of std prices, they do not change unless you change them yourself.

MAP and standard prices are used in material master and it has nothing to do with price with which you will sell your customer.

MAP and Standard prices will just hit you inventory account and COGS account once you will do PGI.

I am assuming that you are talking about the price at which you sell to your customer.The easy way of tracking changing prices is that you can make them manual conditions and based on your information you can put them manually in your sales order.

It is not recommended to change standard price constantly. At this period end, modify the standard price in material Master & continue.

This can be a regulr activity at period ends, say every month end or quater end or half yearly or yearly. In general it is prctices on yearly basis, but as per the requirement you can consider the period.

Just go throught the links given below

http://www.sap-img.com/materials/purchasing-tips.htm

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/MMIVMVAL/MMIVMVAL.pdf

Just feel free to ask any doubts

<b>***REWARD POINTS IF THIS HELPS YOU**</b>

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

You can not maintain both the prices in ur Material master.

Both these feilds r having there own usage.

For finished products u should maintain Standard Price.

We maintain moving avg. for the products in which price is not remain same over time like commodities, moving average u again maintain fro the product wich u always procure and price is not constant in that case this feild willl be automatically maintained from procurement price

Reward if it add info...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You cannot directly change the standard price like moving average price. you should create a costing run by t-code CK40N. you should take help from MM guys. They will guide you.

Please reward if this helps.