cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know of a way to automate the clean-up of Rolled Logs in a Windows environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to automate the clean-up of Agentry Rolled logs in a Windows environment?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the old Agentry standalone version (not integrated to SMP), I added a Service Event executed every 24h in the Agentry application calling a step with my own Java DeleteRolledLogs class.

It is just an idea, but I think it doesn't make sense in SMP since you can have more than one Agentry application and my solution is deployed together with one of the apps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the Service Event could still work in SMP3. All the Agentry logs still roll to the same spot, you would need to change how you are trying to target the folder, and also, the name of the folder you are looking for, as it not called "Rolled-Logs" anymore just "rolled"

Stephen

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I understand it could work, but the problem is when you delete the Agentry application containing the Service Event deleting the rolled logs.

In the past we had a single application for Agentry server, meaning no application --> No logs to roll.

Now if you have 3 Agentry apps in SMP and you delete the one containing the service event, the rest will continue generating logs...

Of course you can always add this service event to all your Agentry applications, or have an ad-hoc Agentry application only performing this task... But doesn't seem the best option.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Darrel,

Question: In SMP 3.0, did you try the SAP Cockpit Server Logs -> Log Purge section? I am just wondering if this section of SMP 3.0 Cockpit is integrated in the Agentry folder part of the rolled logs.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark - I do not think that the Log Purge in the SMP Management Cockpit works for Agentry logs.  Has anyone else seen differently?

Best Regards - Jeff

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Thanks for confirming. It sounds like a feature request based on multiple people looking at it (there is a need here). Will bring this to the attention of my Agentry team.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no built in way to do this.  To get it to work, you would can use run a bat file with Windows Task Scheduler.  Run a batch file with Windows task scheduler - Stack Overflow

Then in the Bat file you can delete folders that more then X days old Batch file to delete folders older than 10 days in Windows 7 - Stack Overflow