cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure number of concurrent processes in XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a simple interface:

FILE -> XI -> FILE

The input file is a huge file containing thousands of records.

XI will split the huge input files, so that each record gets written to one file each.

Owing to the huge number of files being generated, I have many messages in status = "To Be Delivered" in the RWB.

When I do a filter for status = "Delivering", I see 4 messages in that status. (Of course the message IDs will differ from time to time, but at any point in time, I can only see 4 messages with the status = "Delivering").

How can I increase the number of concurrent processes that produces the output files?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

the best way to improve performance for your is to add additional J2EE Server nodes,

i.e.,

close down the XI system,

use the ConfigTool

(i.e., usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<instance no.>/j2ee/configtool/configtool)

select 'Server' menu,

Add Server

Regards

Kenny

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ron,

From this perfromance tuning guide , page 12 ,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444...

<i>The Adapter Framework requires a set of fixed application threads within the J2EE Engine for proc-essing different internal messaging queues (AFW queue, BC Adapter, CIDX Adapter, and so on). Ad-ditionally, certain channel configurations also require a fixed set of application threads (for example, RFC sender channel, File adapter channels). This may require a higher number of application threads. Therefore, within the J2EE Engine configuration (configtool or Visual Admin), go to:

Global Configuration -> Server -> Kernel -> ApplicationThreadManager

Set the MaxThreadCount property to 300</i>

Not sure if this is the exact property but this is sure worth giving a shot.

Regards

Bhavesh