Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVM Implementation query

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

I would like to know the Minimum SAP Solution manager version requirement in order to implement DVM.

As per the SAP Link-
https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000964822011E

it is mentioned SOLMAN 7.1 is required but as per SAP Document-

"Data Management Guide for SAP Business Suite"

it is mentioned SOLMAN 7.0 or 7.1 is required.

I am on SOLMAN 7.0.Can some one please let me know if I can implement this DVM tool.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajdeep,

You can follow the Central Note:

1233709 - DVM Cockpit - Central Preparation Note

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for the Information. I will proceed with the rest of the pre-requisite check.

Hi Manu,

I had already collected all the pre-requisite for DVM implementation using search functionality only. As pointed out in my initial post I was just confused on one of the pre-requisite point of Solman Version and Patch requirement and Hench opened the thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdeep

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj ,

reading your reply ( below ) , felt that you are confusing more .

As per the document DVM Cockpit Technical Prerequisites - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

the minimum Sp level required is mentioned as SP 18 "SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EhP (respectively SP18 onwards) ".

It is not mentioned that DVA is supported for 18 in the link " DVM Cockpit Technical Prerequisites - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki"

Hence thought should intervene  .

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Attaching the screenshot from DVM Cockpit for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

I would suggest If you could just read all the post carefully once before it will save lot of your time. 🙂

I have marked off the part which is mentioned as SP 18 for your convenience to find out from the Sentence 😉

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdeep

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj ,

A fact is fact  my mate  . I am still wondering whether you still believe it is possible with SP18 .

As you have marked the answer correct and has ended this thread in a confused state for anyone reading this thread  .Kindly conclude   your findings  .

As for me reading this  , i will definitely not do it now as i have no requirement to do so and  dont think i am confused

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Finally you got it what I was trying to point out after the screenshot. 😉

now I would request you to read the SNOTE 1233709 carefully. It points out that SP23 is required.

and also for the remaining of pre-requisite you need to follow the other notes mentioned in

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/DVM+Cockpit+Technical+Prerequisites

although there is a small deviation which I think you understood by now after providing the screenshot it is always recommended to follow the standard SNOTE for proceeding with any activity. 🙂

and I think readers reading this post are smart enough to know and  understand that it is always good to follow SNOTE provided by SAP and no further conclusion is required for them to clear the confusion. 🙂

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdeep

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good . Now i am sure you got it

Read my very first post you . I have only suggested in this whole thread to read "1233709 - DVM Cockpit - Central Preparation Note"   . There at that point if you have trusted the Note you would not have wondered about the Wiki  , right ?

Now compare my first post and your conclusion . Is it not the same

Srini in his previous post's has given you almost all the required  ( requested  ) information

Please read SAP Note  ( already mentioned above )

Check whether you meet all the preconditions and then proceed ( You need SP23 if your version is 7:00 and there are other pre -req as well )

And thanks a lot for concluding . And kindly from next time search a bit more as there is nothing new in this thread  and you could have got all you require by searching . (PERIOD )

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Don't mind but there was no point in you mentioning the NOTE as pointed by you "there is nothing new" and as Srinivas had already mentioned it before and I marked it correct.

As I was mentioning from the initial posts only that I was confused with the SP level mentioned between two links and as soon as I got the NOTE I marked the thread and closed it.

the rest of the whole post was to make you understand my point.

So would like to suggest you to read the full post along with all the links which will save your and other people lot of time.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdeep

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj ,

If what you say above is true

Srinivasan  gave you the Note at "Mar 11, 2015 3:02 PM "  [ in his very First Post ], You still had the confusion at  " Mar 11, 2015 3:50 PM" . Why is that ? . And do you want me to remind  you when you actually closed the answer too ?   . Any one who uses this forum can easily find out when was it closed .  As posted earlier "A Fact is a Fact "

Anyways  your query is answered   ,  All is well that ends well .

My humble suggestion to  you "Search Before You ask " / At least read when some one posts to your query  and Save everyone's time

Thanks ,

Manu

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj ,

Srini in his previous post's has given you almost all the required  ( requested  ) information

Please read SAP Note  ( already mentioned above )

Check whether you meet all the preconditions and then proceed ( You need SP23 if your version is 7:00 and there are other pre -req as well )

You could help yourself if you use the search functionality more

Thanks ,

Manu

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajdeep,

You can check one more time, mentioned 23+ only not 18+.

DVM Cockpit Technical Prerequisites - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Regards,

V Srinivasan

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajdeep,

For more info end to end for DVM implementation

DVM Cockpit for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Regards,

V Srinivasan

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajdeep,

Please find the Prerequisites for DVM

SAP Solution Manager 7.0 System:

The minimum release is SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 SP23.

For the update or installation guide please visit the SAP Service Marketplace http://service.sap.com/instguides

(1233709 - DVM Cockpit - Central Preparation Note)

DVM Cockpit Technical Prerequisites - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I did not get you.

As per the document DVM Cockpit Technical Prerequisites - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

the minimum Sp level required is mentioned as SP 18 "SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EhP (respectively SP18 onwards) ".

But you mentioned the minimum requirement SP level required as SP23 "Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 SP23".

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdeep