Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Material Movement in MM if Bin Block in WM

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

The user wants to block the material issuance in MM Module at storage location level, if the Storage Bin of the material is Blocked. We are issuing material against Reservation and Standard Post to Pick Process is being used for Inventory issuance, thus the need to have block in IM.

Is there any possibility to address this issue.

Thank you,

Barakzai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you look at the Warehouse Structure in the Warehouse Management System

then you can already imagine that this requirement does not make much sense.

If you would have a 1:1 relation between the storage location and a bin then you would not really need a full blown WM to manage your warehouse.

There is one location at MM level which warehouse managed and holds the stock e.g. 10000 kg , and within the warehouse the material can be stored in various bins. Just assume you have 4000 in  bin A, 5000 in bin B and 1000 in bin C.

Bin C with 1000 kg is blocked, and you want block the movement of 10000 at MM level.

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Since the user was insistent to have the material blocked in MM for Physical Inventory, we have devised a process that will satisfy the user's requirement.

- Block the entire stock of the material being physically verified at storage location level pertaining to WM using MIGO 344.

- System Generates a Posting change document for the entire stock in WM

- Create and confirm TO for Posting Change Notice

- Create PI Document using LICC

- Count the material Physically and maintain the information in system

- Settle the differences in WM using LI20

- Settle the differences in MM using LI21

* System creates a material document using movement type 717/718 to post difference at MM level for Blocked Stock

- Unblock the settled quantity at MM Level

- Create and Confirm TO for Posting Change Notice

I would request your honest opinion to this solution.

Thank you,

Barakzai

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry but I do not get the loop from your initial question to the lengthy solution with physical inventory in your last reply, but if your user is happy I don't have the intention to spoil the mood

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such standard functionality available to check whether Storage bin is block then block the material at Storage location level.

Even if,if you are planning to write a custom code to fulfill  the requirement it is going to be a very complex one as you need to first identify from which storage bin system is going to consume the material (this is based on the picking strategy) then you need the check the status from LAGP of those storage bin if that is block then you need to ignore the transaction, you cannot block the material as the other operator might be doing some processing for the same material so that will fail