cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly does 'Enable IP Proxy Rule' do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In configuration policies for Android devices there's an Option in Samsung SAFE unter 'Firewall Policy' named 'Enable IP Proxy Rule'.

I can turn it on and off, set an IP-address and port, but I have not idea what exactly happens on the device. Before I start investigating in depth I wanted to get your Feedback.

Does the Setting mean that ALL IP Traffic (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP,...) from and to the device passes the given IP and Port defined in this Setting?

Unfortunately the Afaria Device Management documentation does not provide enough Information about that Setting.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tobias,

I do apologize for the delay.  Here is all the information we have internally on this.  This API is used to setup a transparent HTTP proxy by defining IP and port of the target proxy server. Admin can set a "proxy rule" on iptables. A "proxy rule" is a set of IP address:port to where all traffic originally targeted to TCP port 80 will be redirected to. This API overwrites the "proxy rule" previously set

I do hope this answers the question.  I will get a KBA generated for this as well, and submit a request to improve the documentation.

Tracy Barkley

Sr Tech Support Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy

Thank you for the Information. Yes, a little bit more on this in the documentation would be helpful.

Cheers,

Tobias

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tobias,

I am glad to assist.  I put in the request yesterday for you.  Please let us know if there are more questions you need answered.

Tracy

Answers (0)