cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use XML signatures for WS consumer proxies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a WSDL from a remote system that I used to create a web service consumer proxy (via SE80). Configuration of the logical port via SOAMANAGER worked fine, I can connect to the remote web service.

However, I need to sign the XML of my requests with our server certificate. According to the SAP docs for that I need to enable WS security in the "Operations" tab of the port configuration in SOAMANAGER. Problem is: there is no such security section there, no options to set.

Where can I set the certificate to use for signing the XML messages sent by the consumer proxy?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

Find a tab which says 'Transport Security', the options that you require should be present under this tab/section.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked for such a tab, but I can't find it anywhere.

Where exactly should I find it?

Is it maybe only visible if the WSDL includes the policy for the signature?

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that may be correct, check with the remote service provider, found a link on SCN who has similar problem as yours.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have seen this thread. The thing is: even if I manually define the logical endpoint I can't find the "Transport Security" tab. Where exactly should I look for it?

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

For me it would be under configuration of logical port-> security tab->transport security

But I just looked this up in an older version of SAP that I have access to.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh