cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII, Matrikon Explorer and SAP PCo on the same server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating a demo scenario where in I am assuming that my SCADA is connected to OPC Server.

My scenario contains a MatrikonOPC Explorer that gives me simulated real-time data as if coming from SCADA.

SAP PCo establishes the connection between Matrikon OPC Explorer and SAP MII.

I need to understand if there will be any issue with the connection and data retrieval from SAP MII if I have all 3 of them on the same server.

If there is any easy to use document that describes the compatible versions between the 3, please let me know.

Regards,

Gita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gita,

There should not be an issue with this as long as you have sized the MII Windows server properly (CPU, RAM, etc.) for the anticipated load. We do this quite frequently on our internal Sandboxes without issues. In a production environment, PCo and the OPC Server are usually installed on a separate server from MII.  Make sure you review the relevant sizing guides for MII and PCo when preparing the server for use.

PCo 15 SP3 patch 4 is the current shipping version and is compatible MII15, MII14, MII 12.x.  PCo supports OPC DA2.05a, OPC DA3.00, OPC HDA 1.2, and OPC A&E 1.10 OPC Servers.  We have customers using PCo with a variety of OPC Server vendors, including MatrikonOPC.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Steve.

Will keep in mind the sizing guidelines while preparing the server in production environment.

Answers (0)