cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Picking - Pick with strategy 'M'

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two storage types 001 & 002.

Storage type 001 is configured as bulk putaway & Picking based on expiration. Full stock removal has been activated for this storage type.

002 is configured as bulk putaway & picking based on strategy 'M' small / large quantities.

The Storage type search for picking has been configured with 002 as first option and 001 as second option.

We have extended the material master for the material in 002 storage type and maintained the control quantity on the WM 2 view = 1 quantity less than a full pallet.

Requirement:

Any outbound delivery with less than a full pallet requirement should be picking out of 002 and outbound delivery with full pallet requirement should be picking out of 001.

Issue:

when a delivery has say 1.5 pallet picking requirement for a material then it should pick up 0.5 pallet from 002 and then 1 pallet from 001. However we have observed that it is picking up 2 pallets from 001 and nothing from 002.

Any pointers to resolve the above issue will be of great help.

Note: We have already used the TO split concept and we have configured sort profile for TO split based on storage type for 002 storage type.

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Donny for the updates. I have fixed the issue myself. Below is the updates/Solution

I confirmed after testing that the case pick scenario will work for the Bulk racks as well.

The settings that we need to make is to setup the rounding indicator on the bulk storage strategy where we setup 'X' for full pallets storage type and 'Y' for case pick storage type.

In this case system will split the requirement into multiples of full pallets & then direct partial quantities less than a pallet to be picked out of partial pallet area & then full pallets will be directed to full pallet racks.

Thanks,

Harish

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable info harish! i would try this method.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you show your material in WM 2 in storage type 001 and 002? maybe you miss something there, you must maintain control qty and rounding qty for storage type full pallet and control qty less than full palet qty for storage type pieces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donny,

I have maintained WM2 view as below:

for storage type full - control quantity = 70 cases & rounding quantity = 70 cases

for storage type case pick - control quantity = 69 cases.

How do i make the transfer order creation(LT03) to go into multiple loops of full pallet?

I have observed that when my order quantity is 80 cases:

Scenario 1:When i go into foreground mode of TO creation and modify the quantity on the screen to 70 then it will pick up one pallet from full and on the second iteration when it only has 10 cases to pick it is picking out of case pick storage type.

Scenario 2: When i go into back ground mode of TO creation it is trying to assign 80 cases at once in which case it is going into full storage type and picking up two full pallets.

So my question is what additional config do i need to make for the TO creation to look at one pallet at a time and decide which storage type should it look for stock?

Thanks,

Harish

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

for storage type full in WM2 you have to remove the control qty to blank, you only have to maintain rounding qty 70 cases, in customizing, for storage type full and cases, fill stock removal strategy with 'M' and then in storage type cases you must fill putaway strategy with 'F' (Fixed Bins)