cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned revenue to flow during sales contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Want to post this question on what is the correct setup to get plan revenue to flow during sales contract. Currently it is flowing after sales order are created. Is this standard limitation?

Thanks

Ary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody have any idea?

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

move this thread into SD forum as you expecting answer from SD side:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have figure it outmyself. To make the plan revenue flow from Sales contract / quotation / orders, most important is the billing plan. Make sure the billing plan type is specified in the sales header. key config are ;

VOV8, VOV7, VTFA, Manual Plan revenue tick in planning profile, Plan revenue automatic flow tick in PS config (Tick quotation / Sales order).

Note also Sales contract is considered as sales order by SAP.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ary,

I believe the revenue can be flown from sales order through customization. If you are specifically looking at flow of revenue from contract then I believe we should wait for the experts to comment accordingly.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Yes, Connecting my colleagues, there seems to be a way to flow planned revenue starting from sales contract (standard). However havent figure that out.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ary,

You should enable account assignment categories at Contract level then. In the relevant contract, assign your WBS element to the item. This involves little bit of customising in SD at requirement class and requirement type level at Transfer of rqmts.

Once this is done, you should be able to assign a WBS element at the contract item. Then you can check your planned revenue at the project level. I hope this works.

One point to note though. The contract validity date and the project schedule dates should be consistent. Then only your entire contract value will appear in the revenue plan in the project.

Let me know if you have any issues on this. Happy to help

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mystery part is at the SD configuration. Still havent found answer

0 Kudos

Hi,

You have options to recognize revenue and generate billing via the contract itself. However, this is only possible in Periodic contracts and not with milestone contracts. The difference is managed by billing plan type in the item category connected with the contract type.

You'll also have to activate revenue recognition in item categories.

If you are looking for more detailed information, I'll suggest you search for SAP note- '1172799 - New version of Best Practices for revenue recognition'. The two attached PDFs should help.

Chintan

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct. Contract is not a revenue flow. Always contract is followed by a sales order and it is only during sales order creation the planned revenue is updated based on the account assignment to the WBS element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks navaneetha,

I have another short question, if we want to do this, is it possible via customization? could you give hint of ways to make revenue flow from contract also if it is possible by customization.