cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Type in External Processing for Operation Not Working

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm aware that this question has been asked before & I have gone through various threads, but I'm facing an issue while implementing two Inspection Types for an Inspection Lot Origin 01.

Below is some of the information regarding the issue:

1. Inspection Lot Origin has variant 01 which has 01 Inspection Type assigned. Variant 03 has Inspection Type 0130 assigned.

2. Material master of the material has both the Inspection Types (01 & 0130) assigned & made active.

3. In the external processing view in operation details, 0130 Inspection Type has been assigned. We are not using Subcontracting indicator.

4. Production Order created & released.

4. PR is generated & converted into PO.

5. When GR is posted Inspection Lot is generated. This is where the issue is, the lot is generated with 01 Inspection Type instead of 0130 Inspection type.

I'm aware that I can use an User Exit to choose multiple Inspection Types, but as per standard SAP help says that if I maintain an Inspection Type under external operations data in routing, the lot will be generated with that Inspection Type, in this case 0130 but instead Inspection Lot is generated with 01 Inspection Type. Below is excerpt from SAP help:

You can choose another inspection type as the preferred inspection type if you do not want to use the inspection type specified as variant 01 for the      inspection lot origin. This is done in the inspection setup of the material master (quality management view).

The system can use the following special controls to select an alternative inspection type:

• Inspection lot origin 01 (goods receipt for a purchase order)
    • Inspection type based on the status of the supply relationship
    • Inspection type for a source inspection based on the info record for the supply relationship.
    • Inspection type for an inspection during external processing based on the external processing data in the task list or order operation.

Let me know if anybody faced the same issue before & was able to fix it with SAP standard.

Thanks,

Abhijit K. Nerurkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Yes  i accept the Gopal comment, 01 & 130 have the same origin 01, Also The material which coming from Vendor should have different material code.If u treat same material code the lot will generate again 01 Inspection type as its standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The material which is sent to SC vendor will comeback with modifications so it should be treated as separate material with its own QM data

2. Inspection type 01 and 0130 belong to same origin.............