cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Need on SOAP (Sender) to RFC Scenario(Synchronous Communication)

former_member55105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement of <b>SOAP(Sender) to RFC</b> scenario(Syncronous Communication). The scenaio goes like this........

I have a web service through which I have to create a SAP Notification in SAP system and the Notification ID created and other details have to be returned back to the webservice from the BAPI. I have identified the relevant BAPI for the scenario.

I have a wsdl file which I have uploaded it. What are the next steps to be done?

Please let me know what all(e.g., Data types, Message Types, Message Interface) I have to create in Integration Repository and what all configurations I have to make in Integraion Directory.

FYI, I have a gone through a list of Blogs, but didn't get enough info.

Please help me out in providing your valuable answers.

Thanks,

Vijay

P.S. Rewards points are sure .....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Chech XI server up and running.

2. Check the Tcode : SXI_CACHE up to date.

3. Try one simple scenario like FILE-TO-FILE r u able to get the message in SXMB_MONI...

4. If FILE-TO-FILE scenario working perfectly then test your scenario using component monitoring.

go to RWB, select the integration egine and click on test messages tab there you enter test data in test tab click on send messages..

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

that is basically a RFC -> SOAP sync scenario but in your case its gonna be exactly the same instead the SOAP will be the sender and RFC the receiver.

former_member55105
Participant
0 Kudos

Vijay,

In your blogs, you have created the data type, messge type. But is it really necessary to create those types as we are uploading the WSDL file. Please help me out.

Regards,

Vijay

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No ... you really dont have to create DT and MT !!

In my weblog, i had to create the same since XI was having problems accepting the WSDL provided by the host.

former_member55105
Participant
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Done with design and configuration part. But nothing happening. At least I am unable to see the status in the Runtime Workbench. I just don't where I am going wrong. I checked more than once all my design time and configuration settings, but didn't find anything wrong.

Can you please advise how to keep track of the messages?

Thanks,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. Chech XI server up and running.

2. Check the Tcode : SXI_CACHE up to date.

3. Try one simple scenario like FILE-TO-FILE r u able to get the message in SXMB_MONI...

4. If FILE-TO-FILE scenario working perfectly then test your scenario using component monitoring.

go to RWB, select the integration egine and click on test messages tab there you enter test data in test tab click on send messages..

so that you will get the message in moni.

you need to pass what is your sender service and interface names and namespace userid & pwd and input payload..this input payload you will get the in mapping test tab.

Check your RFC communcation channel is connecting r/3 system or not.

http://<hostnaem>:<j2eeport number>/mdt/amtServlet

Regards,

Venu.

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Configure the parameters LOGGING or LOGGING_SYNC in SXMB_ADM.

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If at all you have uploded wsdl file for the webservice you no need to create data types for the same even for the same as RFC also.

Create message mapping and drag the wsdl file which you have imported as External Definiations and there you will be having request and response parameters..Do the mapping accordingly(according to your requirement).

Mapping like:

Wsdl(Request)---->RFC (Input parametrs)

RFC (out parameters)------>wsdl(Response)

Create message interface with Synchronous for outbound

No need of DT,MT if at all if you import the wsdl file.

Hope i am clear.

Please let me know if you have any queries..!

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

null

null