cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPM Interactive task with SAP Process Orchestration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt regarding what architecture do I need to create a BPM within SAP PO and include interactive tasks, these interactive tasks are not SAP Tx, services or applications, they need to be newly created Java Webdynpros. I think I need SAP Composition Environment, but I was wondering if I could develop the Java Webdynpro in SAP Developer Studio and try to deploy them to SAP PO, is this possible?

Everything going on in the BPM will be non SAP backended, meaning all steps take place on non SAP applications and the interactive tasks are actually for the user to visualize, accept or reject data or files uploaded in different formats such as microsoft office formats or pdf.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Have you considered using SAPUI5 or OPENUI5 tasks instead using the BPM custom user interface option? That would generally be a better recommended option than Java Web Dynpro these days.

If it's all non-SAP backends then OPENUI5 would be the logical best option.

This blog summarizes how you do it for SAPUI5 - using OPENUI5 would be very similar.

And this one is also very helpful to show what's needed in the BPM process itself

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jocelyn, I will check the blogs, but OPENUI5 sounds like the option as you mentioned.

Do you know if this OPENUI5 screens can exist in the same server that SAP PO? or should I need another server for them to exist?

Regards,

Julio