cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Web service user capability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in the process of generating separate web service user ids in PI for different partners invoking PI web service.

However we want to limit a user id to be able to invoke only 1 particular web service(wsdl)!

Is it possible?

Please provide your comments on how we can achieve this?

thanks

Navneet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

May be this is not your idea but you can use Partys in your configuration and you will have several WSDLs and to restrict in the party/sender component.

Check this link for more help Configuring B2B Integration - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library

However we want to limit a user id to be able to invoke only 1 particular web service(wsdl)!

You can do it using ACLs in your SA, BCC and so on. Check this ACL-Based Authorizations for Service Users - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide - SAP ... to restrict the user access

Regards.

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

This is not something I am looking for, we have configured all web service interfaces where partners invoking web service using a user Id to authenticate in PI.

We want that user should not authenticate other partners when invoked by some other wsdl!

I hope you understand my point now!

Thanks

Navneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

It seems a useful answer, I will test this procedure(ACL) and check if it can restrict the user id limits.

Thanks for your help.

Navneet.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

ACL based authorization worked for me, thank you very much for your help

-Navneet.