cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macro vs tscopy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i am trying to copy values from level1 keyfigure to level2 keyfigure by a macro, using a background job. But, only the values of future time bucket profile are copied and values of past timebucket profile(non editable mode) are not copied.

If i perform /n/sapapo/tscopy, values of both past buckets and future buckets are copied.

can you please explain why this is happening.

Thanks & Regards

Rk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello RK

Most likely this is happening due to processing area selected as Future in Macro step.  Please check your macro using tcode /SAPAPO/ADVM. Please verify processing area for the step in the macro.  Make sure processing area is selected as "Total" instead of "Future" only.

TSCOPY works based on date range specified in the variant. If your date range covers both past and future it will the copy data from source to target accordingly.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish Waghmare,

thanks for your response.

Processing area in my macro step is "user defined". and the dates are from past to future. if i run the macro by scheduling job, only future values are copied.

where as if i place the macro in  "start" event, then both future and past buckets are copied.

But my requirement is to run the macro by scheduling a background  job after 12:00 am. and i need both future and past values to be copied. i also tried changing the processing direction to "past" in the macro step, but no use.

can you please suggest me how to solve this without placing the macro in "start" or without performing "tscopy" tcode.

Thanks&Regards

RK

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Can you please also check the selection id and aggregation level defined in the macro background job defined - Also when you are running the macro via background job, have generate Log option selected and then Please check the job log/spool if you are getting any further log message there.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok Jaiswal,

Thanks for your reply.

As you have suggested, i have checked selection id  and aggregation level. the job works fine for these combinations only in future. and again if i place the macro in "start" event, then past bucket values are copied.

Please suggest me if there is any other solution or is it advisable to follow "TSCOPY" ?

I am using this macro to copy keyfigure values for consensus forecast purpose in weekly data view.

But now first week of march is in past time bucket and those values are not copied. this makes a variation in the total value of march in monthly data view where users make changes for forecast values.

Please suggest the best method to follow.

Thanks&Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RK

Does the above macro is default macro in the planning.?

I kindly request you to check the sequence of your default macros.

Might be you already have a macro in sequence which does not allow you to update the data in past or close the past period and then the above macro comes in sequence.

Please let me know if it help..!

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK

One more thing I can think of is the fact that TSCOPY works at the planning area level. If you have a storage bucket profile that is defined for the period you are copying, TSCOPY simply does the copy.

But the same thing with Macro is dependent on your planning book and data view's time bucket profile. Check the data view's time buckets are supporting what you are trying to do.

Just thinking out loud, I am not sure but having a keyfigure as read only could also have some effect on macro copy. But I have to try it out...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K A,

thanks for your reply.

the data is not copied only for the buckets which are specified as past time bucket profile in data view. But this is happening only when the macro is run as background job. if i place the macro in "start" event then the values are copied even in past buckets.

But, as you said if i change the "input" values in data view and make the current month as future bucket, then yes the values are copied.

so please tell me if i should change data view dates or use TSCOPY for all the future monthly cycles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK

TSCOPY and macro copy are designed for totally different purposes. It is solely dependent on your need.

TSCOPY is more accessible, user friendly and you can change your selections any time you want. If this running in background nightly or hourly and you can get users out of the system during the run, users/you may have to change the selections frequently, yes TSCOPY is the way to go.

The same thing if you have to do these copies every time an action is done in planning book and want a more real time update within planning book, no need to change once setup, then macro is the way to go.

Answers (0)