cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP6.2/MM2.0: JavaBackEndError

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm running a local SMP server, when I upload the application definition the Back End Connection looks like this:

However in the main server the back end connection looks like:

The Application definition are the same. I tried to copy the entries to the local Back End attributes in the local SMP but issue below persist.

When I sync, I m getting this error:

At WPT Client:

Sending client info

Sending time info...

Receiving time info...

Checking Data Tables

Server error - please contact your administrator (13)

Server Log:

2015 03 10 14:50:57#0-400#ERROR#com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.console##anonymous#Agentry SAPWM_MeterManagement Worker Thread###Exception: 14:50:57 03/10/2015 : 20 (Agentry3), JavaBackEndError (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.syclo.sap.DataTable),  |

startup.log

16:37:21 03/10/2015: Starting SAPWM_MeterManagement

16:37:21 03/10/2015: Event: 20, 4, SAPWM_MeterManagement v7.8.0.11

16:37:21 03/10/2015: Event: 0, 0, Old log files moved into C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\log\agentry\rolled\2015-03-10-163720

16:37:21 03/10/2015: Event: 0, 23, Agentry startup is complete.

Cheers,

Fouad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your screenshot I see the serverClass is default to the Agentry OOB and not pointing to the server class for application.  With it set like this:

1) The Server will not go into SAP to get the values from the config panel

2) The user validation is not being done against the SAP Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Stephen--

To which .ini file the content of the back end connection tab is mapped to?

Cheers

Fouad

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fouad,

I think Steve is stating that your serverClass (from your picture) in the cockpit is pointing to the wrong package of where the Agentry Server class is. Normally, in a product (like Work Manager), the Agentry Server class will be used and extended inside the products own Server class. It will inherit all the properties of the Agentry Server class (from the Agentry-v5.jar) then the product (Work Manager) will have to define where this ServerClass is in the Agentry.ini (Java section). In theory this Agentry.ini that was originally used to load to the cockpit will be copied into the ServerClass section of your Cockpit. Anyway, the cockpit can overwrite it and from your original picture above, make sure the section where it states (from your Java-1 section) ServerClass points to your Java libraries that has the server class in it.

As I mentioned above, I have not seen how newer design combined the Agentry-v5.jar (with ServerClass built-in in SMP 3.0) to their released product Java jar file.  But Steve is stating that your product Java library that has their own Server.class needs to be properly setup in the cockpit.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are running the same application with both servers, then the Java Backend connection should be the same.  Please match the ServerClass client, Class Path, and Enable Auth on both applicatoins.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fouad,

Hi. Let us dissect your error:

~~~~~~~Error~~~~~~~

400#ERROR#com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.console##anonymous#Agentry SAPWM_MeterManagement Worker Thread###Exception: 14:50:57 03/10/2015 : 20 (Agentry3), JavaBackEndError (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.syclo.sap.DataTable),

~~~~~~~~end~~~~~~~~

The error above is under the component SAP - Mobile - Platform - Agentry - Console.  <-- Console issue (GUI or Admin GUI or Cockpit).

It states: JavaBackEndError (java.lang.ClassNotFound) -> com.syclo.sap.DataTable.

From here your application that it is loading in memory is trying to look for a Jar file that requires the Java package: com.syclo.sap.DataTable.  This is normally seen in the Jar file that is released in the product like Work Manager. It is claiming you did not have it in your application or you did not defined it in your agentry.ini  (or Cockpit where to find the jar file).

My example picture below show Work Manager 6.0 jar file. In your case if you are using 6.1 or 6.2 you need to specify where to find the class.

The Cockpit on startup and when it loads your application needs to see where to find the DataTable.class and from your error it is missing it.

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark--

I added the Agentry-v5.jar to the classpath which fixed the issue but I'm getting this one:

2015 03 10 17:57:03#0-400#ERROR#com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.console##anonymous#Agentry SAPWM_MeterManagement Worker Thread###Exception: 17:57:03 03/10/2015 : 20 (Agentry3), JavaBackEndError (JAVA EXCEPTION CAUGHT: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException),  |

Cheers

Fouad

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fouad,

InvocationTargetException normally shows if the target is null. Let us assume that during loading of the application in memory by SMP, it needs to properly set the Java runtime or VM for it, it will look at your specified classPath in order (sequential). If somehow one or your libraries is reversed or the loading in memory is done backwards, the library that is sourcing another library may have issues.

You could try reversing or reordering the way you setup your classPath Java libraries.

Another thing I could think off is that in SMP 3.0 the Agentry-v5.jar is embedded in the libraries already. Most older system requires Agentry-v5.jar from the product to be loaded in the classPath. In newer products designed in SMP 3.0 that jar file is embedded in the Agentry add-on.

What I am saying is, newer products (Service Manager 4.3, Work Manager 6.X )coming out that starts in SMP 3.0 will not need to defined Agentry-v5.jar in their classPath as it is already built in. I have not seen how this is done going forward but this is the basic story to this.

If you are trying to do an upgrade of older mobility products (ex: Work Manager 5.3) to SMP 3.0 then the Agentry-v5.jar may be needed but all of this depends on how the packaged Java library (project jar) is setup.

So in summary: Try to see if it is just a reordering issue between libraries.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mark--

I just assumed that he Agentry-v5.jar is mandatory and I did it to the classpath, I also redeployed the java code again after reordering the libraries as the following:

Unfortunately the issue is still there until the order is wrong.

Cheers

Fouad