Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Check DB - Search help (Match Code) example

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to create a Duplicate Check for a Custom MDG Data Model. I need an example of a Search Help that does the actual searching.

Like in the BP scenario I see that the MC_BP_ADDRESS or MC_BP_GENERAL match codes are assigned in the Duplicate check for Search mode DB in the configuration.

Those search helps are not in the system, so I have no example of the actual Search help and how it needs to look like.

Is there someone who implemented Duplicate Check with Search mode DB and access class CL_USMD_SEARCH_DATA_DB?
I assume that need to develop my own search help and return the matches back for the Duplicate Check to work.

Let me know if you've done it... I also don't understand why I can't find the MC_BP_GNERAL search helps in SE11 and why they don't appear in the dropdown box for this configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Boris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to close this thread,

No development of search helps was needed. Only the configuration was sufficient to make the search help work.

The access class Query method for the entity would have to be enhanced to perform the search based on the fields you use in the matching configuration if it's a custom entity. The rest is just to configure the steps.

Cheers,

Boris