cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LB10 does not skip TO line in case of negative quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

help me on addressing this issue please.

Case:

• Pretend that a WM-Transfer Request was already created for a series of material linked to a certain Production Order --> 4 items in that case:

So the Warehouse supervisor, when using LB10 is able to see this TR

• A few minutes later, the Warehouse operator recognize that only one of this items needs an inventory change.
    So, using MM-562 movement type and related TO, he set to 0 the quantities.

• After this changes, the Warehouse Supervisor try to convert this TR into a TO using "TO IN BACKGROUND" button.

This error message appear and NO TO were created.

There's any way to modify this behavior?

Is possible (like VL06P) to set up a customizing or user exit that can skip only the item that are not pickable??

My expectation is to have a TO with only 3/4 items.

In our system we didn't accept negative quantity, as for Client requirement.

Thanks a lot

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for the replies. I'll try to explain better my scenario:

• Pretend that a WM-Transfer Request was already created for a series of material linked to a certain Production Order --> 4 items in that case

I've got a Production Order BOM with 4 components. So the system creates a WM-TR with 4 different items:

• Material A123
      • Material B321
      • Material C143
      • Material D312

Maybe no one will process this TR due to the fact that the Picking Date is far from today.
          So the Warehouse Supervisor didn't convert it into a TO.

• Maybe the day after, the Warehouse operator recognize that the stock of the material B321, is not correct. SAP is misaligned with the reality.

• After this changes, the Warehouse Supervisor try to convert this TR into a TO using "TO IN BACKGROUND" button:

• Material A123 - stock at system level
    • Material B321 - NO stock at system level
    • Material C143 - stock at system level
    • Material D312 - stock at system level

This error message appear and NO TO were created.

There's any way to modify this behavior?

Is possible (like VL06P) to set up a customizing or user exit that can skip only the item that are not pickable??

My expectation is to have a TO with only the 3 item that I can pick.

In our system we didn't accept negative quantity, as for Client requirement.

Thanks a lot

Marco

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

still it is not clear as if you have stock mismatch you should perform a physical inventory process.Movement type 562 is reversal for Initial stock upload. what steps is he following when you mentioned "So, using MM-562 movement type and related TO, he set to 0 the quantities."

when you do initial stock upload upon succesful posting in Inventory management system internally transfer the stock to 998 no TO is required so when you are doing 562 what process/ steps are you following

Also could you please try  to create TO in foreground (hope you are using LT04) and  share the screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to ensure that the system only creates transfer orders for material staging for the total number of items in the transfer requirement, you have set the indicator Complete material staging in the Customizing for Warehouse Management under Interfaces

Automatic Material Staging - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar, thanks for your reply.

Talking about the 562 movement type, I was just making an example of the fact that adjustment is happening independently of the TR/TO process and the person who is executing the stock alignment may be unaware of the open TR.

So indifferently from the movement type posted, the problem still persist.

Can you suggest me how to make the TO from TR able to skip non-pickable items?

Thanks

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check in transaction OMK0 - Warehouse management view - Warehouse number - to see if the Complete material staging flag is set?

As per the comment and link I posted I believe that would control whether or not the system will generate transfer orders for less then all items in the TR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also confused, why would you adjust the stock out of the system before the TO generates and look for a change to allow TO creation for other items when you could simply confirm the qty with differences and send the stock directly to 999 during the picking activity? There the stock can be written off with LI21

Or allow TO creation then cancel the line item in the TO and continue with the MM-562 process, based on my understanding of the process no system changes would be required, only a slight process change

EDIT: or perhaps the 562 adjustment is happening independently of the TR/TO process and the person executing the 562 may be unaware of the open TR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jacob Rose wrote:

EDIT: or perhaps the 562 adjustment is happening independently of the TR/TO process and the person executing the 562 may be unaware of the open TR?

Exactly!

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please elaborate a little bit the step where you are using MM562, what is the change required and what exactly you are chainging in the TR, if you can share screenshout that will be more useful

A few minutes later, the Warehouse operator recognize that only one of this items needs an inventory change.