cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Client Tools for Sybase ASE 15.7 on Windows Server 2012 64-Bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I just downloaded the client tools package from https://support.sap.com/swdc --> Installation and Upgrades --> A-Z list --> SAP ADAPTIVE SERVER ENTERPRISE --> SYBASE ASE 15.7 --> Installation --> Microsoft Windows --> 51044415.zip

I'm trying to install the client tools for a newly provisioned Windows 2012 64-Bit machine. After unzipping the folder and running autorun, the installation does not proceed. When I go to pcclient64 and run either setup.exe or setupConsole.exe, I get the error "This Application has Unexpectedly Quit, Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)". I stumbled across various posts on the forum, and it appears that the installer is not certified for Windows Server 2012. I tried using the compatibility mode for Windows 7, and it proceeds further and launches the SAP GUI; however, it closes afterwards.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dawn_kim
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

51044415 is a PC-Client 15.7 refresh.

You are using a version that was not certified with Windows 2012. Get the most current version PC-Client 15.7 SP130 or SDK 15.7 SP130 or SP132.

If your looking for PC-Client5.7 SP130 look for EBF23439

We didn't get certified with Windows 2012 until SDK 15.7 ESD#6 even with that I reported a few minor issues.

You need the following on the machine before the installation.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) (or dsedit and ocscfg will not work)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x64) (or dsedit and ocscfg will not work)

Thanks,
Dawn Kim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Dawn. That worked. 🙂